Chapter Ten

"Hey I haven't seen you all day" Blake smiles at me in history, during the period before lunch.

I haven't been avoiding the group, I just really wanted to be alone today. I guess this is what a guilty conscience feels like.

I push my brows together and shrug, "well, here I am," I say simply.

"You've been quiet this period," he says "Thirty minutes in and you haven't spoken once"

Funny how I got away with not speaking for like an entire week, but now I can't get away with being quiet for thirty minutes.

"Take out your textbooks" Mrs Jones orders.

I bend down in my seat to take my textbook from my over the shoulder bag, that sat on the floor, beside my chair.

"What happened to your wrist?" Blake cries.

"What?" I shoot my head up to face him.

"You've got bandages" he cocks a brow at my wrists.

My sleeves must have risen up when I stretched. For fuck sake.

"Its nothing," I assure just as the bell goes. "don't worry yourself"

We all stand up and slowly exit the classroom.

"It doesn't look like nothing" he follows me down the hallway.

"Well, it is," I tell him as walking as fast as I can away from him.

"Eva, are you hurting yourself?" Blake lowers his voice as grabbing my arm, forcing me to stop in my tracks.

"What!" I cry as glaring at him.

Who just asks someone that? I know that I've been in prison thus away from society a while, but surely asking personal questions is still considered rude.

"You can talk to me-" he tells me as we stand beside the locker, yelling over the crowd surrounding us.

Behind Blake, I see a woman in the distance. She stood there with her blue eyes and long wavy chocolate brown hair. It's the same girl that's been haunting my every dream.

My eyes widen just as my heart rate increases, making me take a step back, away from Blake.

"Stop following me!" I yell at her as she takes a step towards me.

She shakes her head slowly, causing me to grit my teeth at her in anger.

"Eva-" Blake looks concerned.

I don't even realize that it looks like I'm talking to Blake. For Christ sake. Now I have to make it look like I'm not insane.

I redirect my gaze at Blake, "I mean it!" I hiss as him "Stay away from me"

With that, I quickly walk through the hallway. I look up to see her in front of me. I shake my head violently causing her to disappear.

No fears. No tears.

That was my motto in prison. Any emotion shown could be used against you. If you want to survive in prison, you need to be emotionless. That's the only way.

***

"Blake says you're in trouble," Chris says as taking a seat beside me on the outdoor bleachers.

"Am I now?" I look down at my hands.

These people are way too concerned and curious. Just leave me alone.

"He says he asked something and you freaked" he explains.

I sigh. If Blake's telling people what happened then they probably all think I'm a psycho bitch. I can't say I blame them, everyone including myself thinks I'm insane.