3:49 pm

after about 20 minutes of begging, and richie promising to "keep eddie spaghetti safe and out of trouble", eddies mom finally said it was okay for eddie to go to the quarry.

" take your inhaler, and your allergy medication, you know grass makes you itchy, and richie if he is not here by 8 o'clock, so help me god.."

they both smiled "yes mrs.k, thank you." he grabbed eddies hand tight and watched his cheeks flush, "won't let him outa my sight."

"thank you mommy.. i'll see you soon !"

"bye honey! be safe! i love you!"

eddie waved one last time before leaving the house and they began their walk to the quarry. "sorry you had to seem my mom like that.. she's crazy, i know.."
eddie said sheepishly.

"no, it's okay. i get it. she just cares about you." he smiled and eddie looked down at their hands intertwined.

after a few minutes, eddie felt he should say something,

"you don't have to watch me the whole time you know. i know you were just saying that because of my mom bu-"
before eddie could even finish richie looked at him with his face scrunched, "are you kidding me?! i made your mom a promise, eds. sorry, but i'm not taking my eyes off you." richie beamed, "and even if your mom didn't ask me to watch you.. i still wouldn't be able to keep my eyes off you."

eddie blushed and laughed, playfully shoving the boy next to him,
"beep beep richie!"

!

once they arrived at the quarry, all of them were already there. they gave out small aw's and coos to the two boys holding hands, "awwwh you guys are so cuuuuute" bev said, "y-y-yeah just da-date already !" bill chimed in as eddie and richie groaned "fuck off you guys. i promised to keep eds safe!"

eddie looked down, embarrassed.

he lets go of richie's hand and sits on the floor next to bev and ben. they exchange smiles and he hears a gasp coming out of beverly's mouth, "guys! we should play truth or dare!" all the losers agree and they sit in a circle. bill next to ben, ben next to bev, bev next to eddie, eddie next to richie, richie next to mike and stan in between mike and bill.
"okay, wh-who's gonna go f-fir-first?"
bill said

the losers all look around at each other, until beverly decides to speak up, "okay fine i'll go. umm.. stan! truth or dare?"

stan rolled his eyes "truth."

"what's the first letter of the name of your crush?" she said, smirking at him. stan glared at her, " B."

all of them 'oo'ed at him, and the truths and dares kept going.

at one point ben had to kiss beverly on the cheek, it was so adorable!

eddie was so happy he was able to laugh along with all these people.
he had friends.

"eddie! how did you manage to go this long without getting picked?" beverly said, "truth or dare, eddie."

eddie thought for a moment,
he wanted to impress his new friends. show them he was one of them. for once in his life he felt a surge of confidence run through him, and before he knew it.. "dare." he said.

bev smiled and hummed, thinking of something good.

"i dare you to... find the person you like the most in this circle, and sit in their lap for the rest of the game."

the other losers 'oo'ed once again and eddie blushed.

he heard richie sigh, "c'mon guys go easy on him! don't be assholes."

bev looked at eddie, "well, eds? take it or you're out."

eddie looked down again.
he thought for a good ten seconds, before climbing into richies lap and looking at beverly and smiling.
richie, on the other hand, widened his eyes, he couldn't believe it. eddiekapsbrakisinmylapholyshit he thought, over and over.

after the initial shock though, he wrapped his arms around the small boy and held him close. eddie was blushing madly, and smiling like an idiot. he was very grateful it was dark out.

!

all the other losers' curfews weren't until ten, so eddie and richie were the first to leave. the walk home was comfortably silent.
every now and then, eddie would catch richie staring and they would both blush and look away.

once they arrived at eddies house they still had a few minutes left before eddie had to go in.

"you really think they like me?" eddie finally said, looking up at richie. "think? oh i know they like you. they love you. don't worry your little head about it, okay?" he smiled, "you're one of us now, eddie spaghetti."

richie softly grabbed eddies hand, rubbing it with his thumb.
"you should probably head in now. you have 2 minutes before 8." richie pulled his hand away. "o-oh.. right." eddie frowned. and turned to the door.

"oh! one more thing eds."

eddie turned around one last time,
"yes, r-richie?"

he felt soft lips against his forehead for just a second as richie stepped away smiling, "g'night cutie."

eddie practically melted , "night rich.." he smiled and walked inside.

best night ever.