3:27 pm

richie had gotten suspended until summer break, so eddie had been walking home alone the past few days.

it was finally friday, the last day of school for him. eddie was very glad school was ending, it meant he could stay at home and sleep all day.

wouldn't have to see richie, wouldn't have to walk the halls worrying about the glares henry's goons kept giving him.

"edward?" he heard come from behind him. he blushed at the use of his full name, and turned to see a woman behind him.

"you're friends with richard, correct? richard toizer?" she said, to which eddie nodded. the lady handed him a small stack of papers. "please give these to him, it's his summer work." she smiled and before eddie could make an excuse, she walked away.

he sighed, his heart falling into the pit of his stomach as he thought about being face to face- well rather face to shoulder- with the tall boy.

he grabbed his bag out of his locker and filled his bag up with the few binders and folders placed neatly in the metal compartment. he left the school, making his way down the road towards richies house. he stopped after hearing a voice come from behind him yet again, "h-hey eddie!" he turned to see bill, beverly, and stan standing altogether in front of the school.

"come to th-the quarry with uh-us?" bill stuttered smiling. eddie smiled at the offer but only shrugged, "cant today, but thanks billy."

they all groaned collectively and beverly spoke, "c'mon eddie! live a little! y'know.. rich will be there." she wiggles her eyebrows as she watched eddies face flush with red. "um.. well i guess i d-do have to give him some extra school work.." eddie thought about everything that could go wrong but just sighed, "alright. just for a little bit, okay?" he joined the group and they all cheered.

he smiled and started walking to the quarry. even though he was sure the other losers could practically hear his heart beating through his chest, eddie forced himself to keep walking.

just live a little.