8:57pm

it was later in the night, and eddie was spending the night at richies house.

for most of the time so far, they had danced around to the loud music. at maybe 6, richie's mom left to the local bar (that was open late on saturday's ,so she'd be there for a while) which meant they'd have the house to themselves.

"we can turn the music up as loud as we want!"
"we can be as loud as we want!" the two boys said simultaneously, then they both laughed.

and although the plan was to listen to every record richie had, within two hours the boys ended up next to eachother on the couch as the movie "halloween" played.

"y'know.. im not much of a scary movie person. i jump a lot, really easily" eddie spoke, looking up at the boy next to him, "don't worry, ed's. i'll protect you." richie laughed and eddie blushed.

their hands slowly slipped into each other's within the first ten minutes of the movie and on the inside, they were both freaking out. eddie's panic would seep through though, despite the act he put on, but richie managed to remain calm.

at the first jump-scare, eddie jumped, and cuddled into richie a little more.
at the second, he jumped and whimpered, causing richie to wrap an arm around his waist.
once the third came along, eddie teared up, he really meant it when he said scary movies weren't his thing.
he knew he'd be dealing with a nightmare when it came time to sleep.

richie took a glance at eddie, making sure he was okay. once he realized eddie wasn't over exaggerating about being scared, he ran a hand through the small boy's hair, "wanna watch the breakfast club? this movie sucks anyways.."

eddie nodded quickly and richie switched the tapes before sitting back down and pulling eddie close to him again.

he felt the boy immediately soften as soon as molly ringwald showed up on the small screen.

!

"hey, ed's? richie whispered as the credits started rolling.

"eds? eddie spaghettiiii?" richie said again, dragging out the 'i'.

he looked at the small boy that was now in his lap, mumbling softly.
richie smiled, he carefully stood up, carrying eddie upstairs after turning off the vcr player.

he laid eddie on his bed, and grabbed the fluffiest blanket he could find and pulled it over the boy. "night ed's" he mumbled.
he grabbed a pillow and settled on the floor.

!

richie slowly blinked his eyes open, he heard a few sniffles and a soft voice trying to mumble words, "r-rich?" he heard the small boy say.

he stood up immediately, "what is it? what's wrong?" richie spoke carefully and though the room was dark he looked at the clock on his dresser. 3:12 am.

"i had a bad dream n.. i was just.. can you m-ma-maybe sleep up here with me? i-if you w-want, i mean.." he stumbled over his words as he sat up.

richie couldn't help but admire his messy hair, and how the yellow sweatshirt he wore engulfed his frame. as richie's eyes adjusted to the dark room, he found so many small details to swoon over as he climbed into bed with eddie.

he pulled him close to his chest and held the boy's waist.

richie didn't care about anything else in that moment other than the wet eyelashes that tickled his neck, and the short arms that held onto him so tightly.

"th-thank you.." eddie said, slowly drifting back to sleep, "m'love you.."

richie softly kissed the small boy's forehead and shut his eyes,

"goodnight, i love you."

/////

hai ! i'm sorry it's been taking me so long to update , school is just so much aha

but i promise all of you i'll update as often as i can ! thank you for over 1,000 reads ! you're all so sweet and kind
:') anyways,, i'll update again soon, i hope you liked this lolol

also ,, if you wanna follow my personal instagram it's @|citrusbambi

of course you don't have too but i'll follow back n all that great stuff

again ,, thank you so much for the love you give this story !!

be safe, drink some water, eat something good, be nice to yourself , i love u rat