2:04pm

it's been a while since richie had spontaneously shown up on eddie's lawn, and since then they had been laying in the grass, bantering and joking around like they always do.

"richie?" eddie started after a comfortable silence had made its way between the boys,
"yeah eds?"

"what.. what are we?" eddie kept his eyes on the clouds as he felt richie stiffen next to him. "i-i don't know.. what do you want us to be?"

the small boy looked up at richie. his stomach did flips , "i-i know you said we were bestfriends before but.. i-i feel.. i feel like we should b-be more than that" he said, before he quickly added to his statement, "i mean, if you want to! if you don't feel the same that's totally fine and we don't have to be anything more than-" he said quickly, but richie interrupted him mid-sentence, "ed's." he said, grabbing the boy's hand and looking into his doe like eyes, "you're such an idiot.. you really can't tell how much i love you?" richie laughed as eddie cheeks flushed a shade of red.

"of course we're more than bestfriends, you dork." he smiled at the boy and placed a soft kiss to his forehead.

eddie smiled and cupped richies cheeks, "i love you richie. gosh, you're the best.." eddie and richie laughed in unison at the words he was saying.

"thanks ed's. y'know, i've always been a little soft for you." richie said, stroking eddies small hand intertwined with his own.

eddie giggled, "well i like when you're soft, 'chee."

"good." richie replied, softly pressing his lips to the tiny boy next to him, at first eddie was frozen, still not used to richie's lips on his own. he soon melted into richie's touch as they began to move their lips in sync together.

eddie had read about how many germs are in the human mouth, and how easily disease can be transferred through kissing.
he knew that in richies mouth there were countless amounts of bacteria, but in that moment he didn't exactly care. for that matter, he wasn't even thinking about the germs in his mouth; rather, he was thinking about how richie had moved his hand to his waist, and how richie was treating him like he was so fragile that he was scared the boy would shatter under his touch.

eddie didn't care about any one of the diseases that might linger in richies system, in his mouth or in his soft curls that eddie found himself playing with as they kissed.

he only cared for how richie's lips tasted like a mix of nicotine and spearmint, he only cared about richie pulling him closer and closer and closer, and now richies tongue was gently finding its way into eddies.

his heart pounded as richie sat up, pulling the boy into his lap carefully breaking the kiss (and the trance eddie was in).

"yeah," richie said, out of breath, "that proves it."

eddie giggles, panting and also out of breath while his cheeks flushed an even deeper hue of pink, "proves wh-what?"

"that i'm in love with you, baby."