7:34 am

eddie is awoken by yells from his mother coming downstairs. his bed is empty, only him and his blankets.

richie left the house 3 days ago, but the warm feeling in eddies heart lingered, even after the boy left him alone in the house.

"eddie-bear! you're friend is calling- why didn't you tell me you had friends other than that richie boy? this one sounds nice!" his mother droned on as he rubbed his doe eyes and walked downstairs, grasping the phone.

who's calling this early?

"eddie? eddie, it's stan, are you there?" he spoke softly and calmly, "yeah m'here.. what's up?" he replied, lazily playing with the cord that attached the phone to the wall. "do you want to come bird watching with me? my dad said there's rumors of snipes being at the quarry! can you believe it? i didn't think they really existed-" eddie giggled at the boy's excitement over a bird and smiled, "of course! i'd love to watch the birds with you."

stan did the same, smiling from ear to ear and thanking his lucky stars that eddie didn't see him as a nerd as the other losers did.

stanley felt he couldn't even tell bill, knowing he'd chuckle and tell him his hobby was cute or funny- it's not funny! he thought. he loved gazing at the sky and identifying the creatures as they perched on thick branches or soared through the air. it was the one place stan felt serene and like everything was finally okay.

and being able to share that feeling with someone else always made stan happier than he could describe.

!

eddie arrived to the quarry and immediately saw stan sitting, binoculars in hand. he joined the boy's side, crossing his legs and smiling at stan.

stan smiled back, jotting something down in a small notebook before closing it and staring back into sky, occasionally looking back at eddie.

for the most part it was silent. the boys sat, occasionally seeing a pigeon or a crow if they were lucky. (and no, they didn't see any snipes if you were wondering) they stayed that way for a couple of hours; quiet whispers and giggles floated through the air. both boys were having fun with each other, just the two of them.

just the two of them.

together.