8:09 pm

the small group walked to bills house, the whole time eddie walked close to richie.

they giggled and pointed when they saw stan and bill lace their fingers together but a few minutes later they found themselves hand in hand.

eddie blushed and richie just smiled a huge, goofy smile.

bills mom agreed to them all spending they night, and they all sat in the living room while bill went to get food and some movies to watch.

eddie sat criss cross next to richie, hands not coming apart for even a second. they talked about how many plants bill had, and how his house smelled like a real home.

when bill returned he had a bowl of popcorn and half a bag of gummy worms under his arm.

he held three movies in his hands.

the gremlins, and sixteen candles made both eddie and richie smile, but when bill held up nightmare on elm street eddie felt a knot forming in his somach.

richie noticed right away, and tried to say something.

"guys i don't know if-" but eddie shushes him and smiles, "i'll be fine as long as you're here. don't worry about it." richie sighs and give in. eddie doesn't want to make a fuss over a dumb movie and tells himself to just deal with it.

the first two went by quickly, the group joking around and richie throwing popcorn at others, mostly because it made eddie giggle.

he loved hearing the heavenly boy happy, he loved being able to look over at the boy and know he was okay; know he was safe as he cuddled into richies side.

bill slide the third tape in and richie  looked at the small boy next to him. he gave him a small smile, and heard richie whisper in his ear, "just tell me if it's too scary, we can leave the room. okay, baby? promise me you'll tell me." the words made eddies cheek heat up, and all he could do was bob his head up and down, nodding.

richie held up a pinky and eddie giggled, wrapping his around richies. they pulled their hands apart and eddie laid his head on richies chest once again.

eddie only got 30 minutes in before his eyes flooded with tears, he hid his face in the crook of the tall boy's neck sniffling.

"too much, ed's?" richie said, wrapping his arms around him. once again, eddie could only nod his head, his eyes squeezed shut.

richie got up slowly, carrying the small boy to the kitchen and placing him on the counter. richie didn't care about anything in that moment except for the sniffling boy in front of him.

"hey, c'mon ed's.. it's just a movie. and even if freddy crougar was real, what makes you think i'd let him get you?" eddie blushed and wiped his tears trying to stop the water coming from his eyes.

he hated making a commotion like this, making everyone look at him and everyone worry about him. eddie felt annoying, and he felt stupid. he felt like he was being a baby and he hated that.

he looked at richie and for the first time, they were at eye level with each other.

they sat there in silence, looking in each others eyes and though richie hated to admit it, when eddie cried; his eyelashes sticking together, his cheeks flushing a light pink, and his hair become a mess of curls plopped in his head, richie couldn't help but think he looked adorable.

"remember when i taught you to dance, spaghetti?" the nickname made eddie giggle and look to the floor. "remember?" richie said again.

"course i remember, silly." eddie finally spoke. eddie wrapped his arms around the tall boy's neck, and richie placed his on eddies waist. "j-just like this" eddie blushed. 

he felt their faces inch closer and closer.

"you're a real cutie ed's. y'know that?" richie mumbled, "just wanna kiss your cute face.." eddie's face reddened and he pulled away from richie, unwrapping his arms from his neck.

richie looked confused and kept his hands on eddies waist.

"you okay?" richie said.

eddie only nodded.
he had so many things to say to richie, so many questions.

one being: why do you make me love you so much?

eddie opened his mouth but nothing would come out. he looked down at his lap, taking a deep breath. he looked back up at the boy in front of him and decided he had to say something. anything.

"that gi-girl you always hang out with.." eddie started, immediately regretting it.

"patty?" richie asked, still confused, "y-yeah her.. why do you like her m-more than me? di-did i do something? i th-thought.." his eyes brimmed with tears again. richie sighed and chuckled, "baby.. eddie.. do you think i like her?" he said looking at he the boy in front of him.

for what felt like the millionth time, eddie could only nod his head. richie pulled him into a tight hug and kissed his forehead softly. "you know eddie spaghetti.. if i was gonna like anyone, it wouldn't be a girl. especially her." richie smiled at the boy and eddie's heart started beating faster, is he sick too?

"if i liked anyone," richie continued , "it would be you, ed's."

"i.. i like you too, r-rich."

he felt long fingers cup his cheeks, pulling him close, "can i kiss you, ed's?"

eddie nodded, leaning into the tall boy's touch. richie pulled him close, finally pressing his lips on the small boy's. eddie wrapped his arms around richies neck, and felt richie moving his hands back down to his waist.

eddie smiled against richie lips as they pulled away from eachother and heard a groan from the other side of the room.
"ugh, get a room guys!" stanley said.
the tall boy flipped him off and eddie his face in richies neck, blushing.

it felt good to be sick, eddie thought.

"ed's?"

"mhm?"

"i love you."

"i-i love you too, rich."