A Broken Bond Only Connected By A Dying Wish

***Angel's POV***

When we realized time had gotten the upper hand on us, we returned to the main building together.

My eyes caught a familiar figure. I unconsciously walked a little faster, heading towards the direction of the shadow. My eyes widened and my smile grew as I took notice of who was walking in front of me.

ANGEL:"Father!"

The tall man with his long black hair, the very man that has raised me on his own for a very long time, turned around and gave me a warm smile.

ALEX:"There's my beautiful daughter"

I ran into his open arms and we have each other a tight hug since we haven't seen, nor spoken, with each other since the wedding. I pulled back to ask a question that was eating away at me.

ANGEL:"what brings you here?"

He ran his hands through my long hair, something he made a habit since the incident that made us move.

ALEX:"Giotto wanted to discuss some matters with me"

It was at that moment that Anata's study had opened. G was there to greet us.

G:"Mr. Tempo, sir, the boss is ready to see you"

By then Asari had caught up to us. We entered the room. I hadn't seen Anata since last night and I was surprised to see him, but he was surprised in a different way when he noticed I had entered as well. He looked over to my father and greeted him.

GIOTTO:"thank you for coming, Mr. Tempo. Please have a seat"

ALEX:"please call me Father, after all we are a family now"

Anata glanced at me and I felt like something was wrong. He isn't like this usually. I feel unwanted...?

GIOTTO:"I had hope to talk more privately... Bella? Why don't you go with Lampo and... see if dinner is being set up yet"

ANGEL:"what? Why-"

ALEX:"Let her stay."

I looked over to my father and so did everyone else. There was a dangerous tone in his voice. What was going on?

ALEX:"Even though she is a Vongola now, she still has Tempo blood pumping through her veins. She has as much right to hear our business as anyone else in this room."

His eyes darted to each Vongola Guardian that stood around the room. However my eyes were glued on Anata's, there was a hint of fear in his eyes as he nodded, agreeing with my father.

What is this meeting about? What doesn't Anata want me knowing...?

I decided to pour coffee for them, before taking my position beside Anata. I stood there, feeling the tension he was omitting. I noticed the other guardians didn't understand their Boss's odd behaviour either. Anata cleared his throat before he began the conversation.

GIOTTO:"Father, you probably know why I've asked to speak with you"

Father nodded, he took a sip of his coffee and looked at me.

ALEX:"my daughter... she's special, to me as well as the rest of the Tempo Famiglia. Many men sought out for her hand in marriage. I denied each and every one of them. They only ever wanted her and what came with her; no one truly loved her."

It seemed like all of the guardians gazes were set on me.

I don't understand... did I do something?