Chapter 3

She opened her eyes again, raking up and down to see where she was

She opened her eyes again, raking up and down to see where she was. Her head was spinning and it felt like it was being cracked open. She squeezed her eyes shut only to open them again when she overheard voices from afar.

The whole place was dark and the only source of light was coming from the half opened sliding door that she could see fifteen meters away. She reckoned that she was being held captive in an abandoned edifice. Just the thought of it not only made her break out in a cold sweat, but she also felt like losing consciousness.

The building was old. Most of the paint had been scraped off, exposing nothing but piles of bricks. The windows were smashed to smithereens and shards of glass were scattered everywhere.

When she looked up, there was a standing mirror in front of her and she saw herself tied up around a chair. Her whole body shook in fear when she also realized that her mouth was covered with a piece of cloth.

From the mirror, she observed that she was wearing a dress decorated in very light shades of pearl. Her hair was braided like a thick black rope, and her bangs obscured her eyes. Her gaze moved down and a pair of sophisticated and undeniably high-end stilettos caught her sight.

She shook her head and closed her eyes tightly, hoping that she would wake up from a horrible nightmare.

Her heart bolted out of her chest when she heard footsteps coming her way. That moment, she knew that she was caught in a big trouble.

"What a gorgeous payment!" chirped someone.

She looked up and she caught a glimpse of a man wearing a tuxedo. His face was covered with a mask made out of... gold. She had never seen one in her entire life until that instant.

As much as she wanted to scream, she couldn't. The cloth around her mouth was hindering her intention. Plus, she was tightly tied around the chair to the point that she couldn't even struggle to break free.

She panicked when the man started walking towards her. Along with him was a tall, blond girl dressed like a... doctor. It wouldn't take Anastasha a lifetime to see that under the thin white coat was a naked woman's body.

Her sharp glare returned to the masked man who was already circling around her. She froze when he traced a finger down her neck. Her breathing rate increased and she felt her hands sweat. For the second time, she made forceful, violent efforts to flee.

She only stopped when she heard his chilly laugh. It terrified her to the utmost level that she felt goosebumps all over her skin.

He drew his head closer to hers, licking her ear. She groaned in anger and struggled violently. She loathed the man for his malevolence.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. I won't do anything yet. We still have to wait for our special guest," he effused while wearing a perverted grin. Even though she couldn't see his face, she knew that he had an infuriating simper on his lips. She could feel the impending danger that awaited her as she heard the tone of his voice.