Chapter 5

"Saan na tayo pupunta ngayon?" asked Anastasha while fixing the elaborate, pearl colored finery

"Saan na tayo pupunta ngayon?" asked Anastasha while fixing the elaborate, pearl colored finery. She couldn't resist but open her mouth. A few seconds passed but Wilder gave no answer.

Mga ilang oras na rin silang bumabyahe kaya't kahit papaano ay kumalma na siya. Kung ayaw nitong ipaliwanag sa kaniya ang sitwasyon, hindi niya ito pipilitin. Hindi rin niya ipapakita rito ang kahinaan niya. Wala siyang balak na umiyak sa harapan nito nang dahil sa ginawa ng kaniyang mga magulang. Kailangan niyang maging matatag.

She heaved a deep sigh. She already asked the question a couple of times during the whole trip but she always got the same silent response.

Anastasha was neither the silent nor the shy type; she spoke a lot. She wanted to start a conversation with Wilder but he didn't appear to have any interest in engaging himself with a normal discussion with her.

She cleared her throat. "Wilder... De Luca? 'Yon ba ang buong pangalan mo?" she asked. This time, she tried to change the topic.

Wilder had given her no formal statement about his background, so she intended to glean some information by interrogating him. Her desire to know him better increased because of the heroic act he exhibited.

"'Yong sugat mo nga pala? O-Okay na ba?" muli ay tanong niya sa lalaki. Isang tango lamang ang natanggap niya mula rito.

"Ayaw mo ba akong kausap?" she asked again. Her voice was evidently pleading for some attention.

"Unless I tell you to speak, keep your mouth shut," he uttered using his deep, raucous voice. He couldn't take his eyes off of the magazine he was reading.

"Ayoko nga!" she complained. She snatched the magazine from his hands and threw it behind her. One long hour elapsed and during that time, she was like a mentally unstabled woman talking to herself.

"Look who's becoming aggressive now." Amusement twinkled in his eyes and played with the corners of his mouth.

"Ba't ayaw mo 'kong kausap? Ayaw mo na ngang sagutin ang mga tanong ko tapos hindi mo pa 'ko papansinin. Anong akala mo sa 'kin? Display lang dito?" May galit, takot at pagkalito pa rin sa kaniyang puso ngunit ayaw niya iyong ipahalata pa kay Wilder.

He already helped her a lot by saving her from those insane abductors, and she had no intention of making herself look like an imbecile by weeping over what happened.

Sa mga sandaling iyon, gusto niyang makilala ito nang lubusan---ang lalaking sumagip sa kaniya mula sa kapahamakan.

"Exactly. You're just a display. You begged me to save you, and I did. You promised to become mine, so don't complain now," he retorted.

Naitaas niya ang isang kilay dahil sa sagot nito. Kanina ay gustung-gusto niyang magpasalamat sa ginawa nito ngunit bigla siyang nagdalawang-isip.