Chapter 10

From her deep slumber, she woke up at the soughing of the wind in the canopy of the branches

From her deep slumber, she woke up at the soughing of the wind in the canopy of the branches. Her vision was blurry at first, but then it improved after a few seconds of repeated blinking.

The first person she looked for was Wilder. Her eyes travelled around the sophisticated chamber, searching for the man. Her gaze was fixed on the balcony where a silhoutte was visible through the curtains, which were being flown away by the fresh and gentle wind.

She was about to call for his name when the figure tilted his body to step in the room. Rubbing her eyes, the crisp wind wrapped her body, refreshing her from inside out.

As the mattress sank downward, she felt Wilder's defiant stare at her. She was about to put her hands down when he gently squeezed her wrists, prohibiting her from making any kind of movement, and placed his hot lips above hers.

Her pulse quickened and everything seemed to stop moving. Only her own defeaning heartbeat filled her ears.

The kiss was quick, but the warmth of his lips would always bring her body a hot sensation.

"Good evening," Wilder greeted with his usual husky voice. He released her wrists, getting a view of her rosy cheeks.

At the sight of her face, he titled his head down, and she heard something which seemed to be a chuckle that escaped from his throat.

"Magandang gabi

"Magandang gabi..." she said; her face was tinged with pink.

She also noticed that Wilder changed his clothes. He had a yellow sweater, perhaps in wool, on, and a pair of grey jogging pants. His hair appeared to be drenched, probably the effect of taking an early shower.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked.

"Oo," she shortly answered. The event with the man from earlier returned to her mind, making worry lines on her forehead deepen.

"You seem tensed. Did you really sleep well?" Wilder asked again as he studied her expression.

"Oo naman. Hindi mo 'ko iniwan, 'di ba?" she queried playfully, eliminating the perturbation in her heart.