|8|

[Taking place after Roman texted Patton]
[TW: Panic attack]
Roman slipped the phone into his pocket for the time-being, unsure as to if Virgil would want it at a moment like this, "What do you- what do you need?" Roman bit his lip nervously, "I can bring the trash-can over if that helps and-"

Virgil lifted his hand and shook his hand after wiping his face off, "No-...no...I'm fine, I'm done...just..." Virgil didn't want to mention that he simply wanted the other as a shoulder to lean on...he didn't quite realize why either...but, at the same time- he did? He knew if he did so much as to admit to wanting such a thing that it would only further increase his panic, however, he also considered no contact at all and falling deeper into panic as it was without a grasp on reality.

The choice was so simple but so difficult, however, Virgil blinked out of his swirling mind when he felt something brush against him, and glanced to his side to see Roman sitting beside him. He was thankful he didn't have to say anything but still felt his heart-rate picking up. 'Must be the attack...' He kept quiet for a moment before he spoke, "...Just..."

"Hm?" Roman was instantly alert- though he heard no further words from Virgil, simply the other intertwining their pinky-fingers together.

Virgil immediately felt himself relax and his heart begin to lighten for the first time in a long time.

"You can- lean on me- if you want to of course! I simply thought you'd be tired from- ...that...and...-"

Virgil nodded and let himself ease into Roman's shoulder, closing his eyes and taking in the safety that Roman was providing, breathing in six counts and breathing out six counts.

Roman noticed this and breathed in sync to Virgil to help better-steady the younger one's breath, "...Some rehearsal, huh-"

"Please...just be quiet..?" Virgil murmured.

Roman felt his heart leap with regret and embarrassment at the comment but curtly nodded.

Virgil pondered the situation for a moment, it was almost funny how Roman had started and eased his panic-attack, but it worked out quite well. He was brought back to the reminder of reality when he heard a third voice from down the hall.

////\\\\

"Well isn't this just the sweetest!" Patron squealed happily at the two huddled up together.

Roman instantly scooted a few inches away from Virgil, "I was just- helping him...because you weren't here!" He defended himself.

Virgil nodded in agreement, "And it wasn't as if I needed his help- I was fine." Virgil crossed his arms, untwining his pinky from Roman's with a hint of regret.

"Whatever you say, kids." Patton giggled, then advancing towards the two, "What exactlys wrong?"

Roman frowned, glancing towards Virgil who was looking away. So, Roman took it upon himself to explain, though he wasn't entirely sure how, "Virgil...got sick...after...we almost Kiss-"

"I got sick after we rehearsed." Virgil I rejected.

Patton frowned with a small nod, a glint of knowing in his eyes, "Sick, huh?"

"...Yes.." Virgil nodded.

Roman felt his heart-ache. He wasn't sure if he should mention the fact that he knew what had actually happened, but wasn't quite sure if Patton knew what had happened. Instead he chose to ask something stupid, "Why exactly did you get sick?"

Virgil thought a moment before he froze, "I- just- It was- I-"

"Food-Poisoning, probably." Patton suggested with a grin, knowing very well it wasn't.

"Yeah, probably." Virgil agreed with a small, thankful smile.

"Coincidental timing, huh...?" Roman inquired.

"Mhm..." Virgil nodded slowly.

Roman sighed, figuring it wasn't his business to meddle with, "Well, should we get you to the nurse then?"

Virgil shook his head, "No...I can just walk home..."

"Alone?" Roman chewed on the inside of his cheek in concern.

Virgil nodded.

"Well, I'm walking once the drama department is dismissed, I can walk with you then." Patton suggested, causing an unexpected glare from Roman.

"No...I think I should just get home..." Virgil shook his head.

Roman was a bit surprised and a bit worried about the amount of relief he felt then, though he had an idea sprout into his mind, "Hey, I can always drive you home in my mustang if you'd like?"

Virgil's eyes widened in a bit of surprise, "You own a mustang?"

Roman beamed proudly, "You bet."

"It's...tempting...but, it's fine. You'll want to stay and rehearse, sir sing a lot." Virgil smirked.

"Well, it's not like I can rehearse without a scene partner, so I'll be going home anyway."

"I don't want to make you drive out of your way.." Virgil tried to make an excuse for not being alone in the same area with Roman.

"What street do you live on?"

"Thunder-Cloud Avenue."

"Oh! Well, I live just up the street from there!" Roman grinned.

"Oh...alright then...sure.."

////\\\\

Roman wasn't quite sure why he lied about where he lived- he lives nowhere near Thunder-Cloud. He lived a whole hill below on Shield Street. However, here he was, unlocking his car as he approached it with Virgil.

Virgil paused before the front door and stared down at it intently.

Roman was beginning to open his own door when he noticed this. He paused for a minute before walking over to Virgil's side, "Need me to open it, m'lady?" Roman teased, opening the door with a bow.

Virgil shook his head as he snapped out of his trance, "As if! I was just...I can't afford if I break anything, I was trying to figure out how to open it..."

"...You pull the handle...like nearly every single other car in existence..." Roman waited until Virgil was entirely in until her shut the door closed and rounded the car, hopping in on the other side.

"How fast does it go?" Virgil questioned as he dedicatedly strapped himself in.

"Wanna' see?"