Who is Tom?

[Congratulations to IAM90SMOM for guessing who Tom is correctly!]

The history of Tom:

Tom initially was supposed to disappear towards the beginning of the book and be sort of an Easter egg nodding to the name Thomas but not represent Thomas Sanders in anyway, thus why is last name is Reece instead of sanders.

Tom's full name is:

Thomas Sanders Reece

Sanders being his middle name

The name Reece means enthusiasm, and in the moment we find out what Tom's last name is, Reece, is also when he is being discussed about his negative actions towards others.

In that context you might think the name Reece is a bit misleading or...deceitful?

Now, along with that we also have Tom's Middle name which is indeed Sanders
Tom is supposed to represent the negative aspect of Thomas Sanders, as he acts completely nice and precious to Roman, deceiving him, as to make Roman think he can do no wrong and averting him from the harm he is actually causing, the kind part of Tom shown towards Roman is a fraction of the positivity that Thomas Sanders has, where as the entirety of his character arc, concept, and actions with all other characters is seen as negative, the part that represents Tom more so.

These negative aspects that make up Tom also make up none other than Deceit himself.

Congratulations to those of you who guessed this and don't worry if you didn't, I tried not to make it too easy and Deceit is still a fairly new character so it's no problem.

[Some spoilers for you]
Oh but of course, with this chapter in mind, ...

We haven't seen the last of Tom.