Chapter 1. Souls and Zoran

Dying should have hurt, it should have showed her the memories of her life...past life. But it never did, dying in the blink of an eye. One moment in time she was Yamane Kira, blue eyed Silverette with the ability to use Lightning at the twitch of a finger. The next she was sprawled out on the pavement, having been a victim in a hit and run "accident". Her awareness blurred, vision obscured the flashing lights and loud horns, the blaring music on the street square, and most definitely the screams for help from a misfortunate bystander who happened to witness the whole thing. In the blink of an eye she was gone, pain ripped away. Now she lay in the black void, the void was silent, devoid of sound and life. A sick joke to what she thought would happen once she were to perish, she thought she would of been able to see heaven or even her friends and family waiting for her. But nope, all she saw was black. Kira didn't know how long she lay in the depth of the void, all she knew was that she was alone and there was nothing she could do about it. "Why am I here?" She often asked herself as she lay. "Why can't I leave this void?" She asked the void, "What did I do in my life to not go to the Spirit world? And if not why isn't Koenma here to give me a trial for my life back?" She asked as she stared into the blackness of the void. She was wondering and silently laying in sadness, she hated to be left in this darkness with no one around.

"Why can't I grow wings and fly off to heaven?" She asked herself as she lay in the cruel blackness that she had come to know. She sighed as she got no reply even her Lightning wouldn't respond to her, "Is this all that I can do? Wait?" She asked aloud again only to be met with the same silence as before. "If this is death, and I can't fly away or move past this dark abyss, then I rather be reborn. Give myself a better end at the very least." She sighed as she lay in the pitch black void.

"Is that what you wish for?"  Asked a mysterious voice oddly sounding masculine. "A new beginning?" The voice asked again as it seemed to grow louder, nearer.

Kira sat up with a small amount of effort, "Yes," She answered simply, "I want to live again, to give myself a new meaning."

The voice seemed to pause as if to consider her wish, "Then so be it. I will send you to a new but troubled world, there you will be able to help many. But be warned even a ripple in a small pond can be felt across the seas." He warned almost sounding like her father once did when he was kind, and not drunk.

"I won't fail you, I'll become stronger... and, thank you for this chance Mr?" Thanked Kira as she looked up before remembering that she hadn't been given a name for her savior from the void.

"I don't have a set name, but you may call me Zoran, meaning Dawn." The man responded not giving up his full name, "Before I send you away to this new world I will briefly go over your new powers, and to which world I am sending you." He said as his form appeared before Kira. Zoran was a strong looking man, with straight raven hair and pale skin, his eyes although wise and kind were reddish orange in color and he looked animated somehow.

Holding out a pale palm a blue game like hollow gram appeared in front of the silverette  as she sat crisscross in front of the screen. "What, what is this?" She asked Zoran looking up from the screen to the kind pair of reddish orange orbs with her own light blue ones curiously.

Zoran smiled gently down at her like a patient older brother about to explain a simple equation, "This is the Soul Tree, a unique ability that only few poses, if given a percentage it would have to be around 15.3% of course this is on the off chance that a person will be gifted with this ability upon their entering the afterlife. You are one of those few that are granted the ability to be reborn with a glorious power. The Soul Tree main purpose is to make the wielder stronger both mentally and physically through personal trials that the wielder has to surpass. The soul Tree, is like a meticulous well of power, it houses the knowledge, strength, and the will of the people before you and the familial bond that you shared with that ancestor. The soul Tree is passed down through the generations, but only can be achieved through the pains of deaths embrace and the chosen's rebirth. You were chosen from a great many to be reborn and to help a world in need. This ability has a few options and levels, you are a novice at the moment, maybe even weaker but if you gain exp. or experience you can use it to strengthen you both physically and mentally. It also allows for you to grow your soul Tree, giving it shape and uncovering the powers that your ancestors left for you. Do you wish to ask me a question before I continue?" He asked after practically throwing all the information at Kira. Kira was quiet for a few moments as she filed away the information she was just given, she was still confused by some parts but she could always look back on the info she was given since the silverette had a photographic memory, this gave her the advantage in her old life and most certainly will help her now and later on.