Chapter 10. Running Doesn't work

Ruwa looked at the hideous snake with a blank expression, she didn't smile often unless she was with her younger brothers so it wasn't all that surprising but she held a glint in her red orange eyes as she tried to deduce any weaknesses for the thing. It was ugly and green, with spine-y scales that protruded from its giant slithering being. The difference was instead of a hiss the giant beast made the sound of an accordion instead, it's long slippery tongue swiping about as it nodded out an accordion sound. Creepy enough the snake had tiny gremlin-like arms on its sides, like a centipede with a snakes head. It was holed up in the large cavern there should have been no way for it to know about the activities going on just outside its lair unless some unfortunate trainees had stumbled in and if she looked close enough she could see the compressed remains of a few that were once ranked as the fiftieth, sixty-first, and fifty-third. She had seen them around the training grounds, big guys with small brains and minor abilities. They had talked real big about their skill, it was wasted now, of course, as they were dead. But Ruwa believes that they shouldn't have died because of pride and stupidity. They had bit off more than they could chew and would regret it all the way through their afterlife she was sure. Ruwa sighed with a shake of her head, it was time to get down to business. Kale stood at a short distance from her, he was a littl hesitant to attack first so Ruwa made the first move. "Raimei" she called as electricity exploded around her covering the spikey haired Ravenette in the thundering glow. It flashed its fangs at her as it immediately took notice of Ruwa as her lightning filled the pitch black, shooting her hand forward she connected with the snakes nose causing it to rear back with a snarl. Kale jumped into the fight a moment later slashing downwards with unbelievable strength creating a small slash on its nose. The snake opened its jaws and let out a loud accordion roar, not liking the newest humans attacking it. Jumping back Ruwa glanced at Kale before focusing back on the giant serpent, "Lightning doesn't work on it."

He glowered, "Shit nothing seems to work on it."

Ruwa nodded at the response, "It is ugly though."

Kale smirked, "true. So what are you going to do since your lightning doesn't work?"

Ruwa sighed, "I'll try Jūken but if that doesn't work I'll at least show you Hōsenka if nothing else. It's not the right time nor the right place to pull out Tsuchi..." dashing forward once the snake lunged at her she vaulted onto its wounded nose and jumped up so she was in the air above its head, almost hitting the stalactites at the ceiling of the cave before she dived for the top of its head. If it worked she wouldn't need to use her swords, if it didn't she would at the very least given it a concussion or disorient the beast and so she went straight to business. She started going through the motions with accuracy and strength that surprised Kale once more as she delivered two consecutive strikes and then two more consecutive strikes, making it four. From their she handed out Four consecutive strikes, multiply the damage to eight. Again she doled out eight more consecutive strikes, totalling sixteen. Kale actually sat back to watch the odd fighting style as he watched her continue to power forward creating sixteen consecutive strikes, making it thirty-two. She finished her assault with another thirty-two consecutive strikes, this if he added it right would mean she had landed not one or two strikes on the beast but a total of sixty four. "Gentle Fist Art: Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms" he heard her say as she released a sort of energy with the last final push that blasted the snake back a good meter as it scrambled to find its footing.

Not to be outdone by the sheer strength of a young girl, he held his spear at the ready and with a twirl the wind picked up, "Whipping Fang!" He called as he swung his spear the wind like sharp knives slicing into the snake as he went doing more damage than he thought. Ruwa watched him as he went with a gleam in her eyes as he caught her attention once more.