CHAPTER TWO

~

~

All four of us stood in front of the girl who Mike had took back to his house where she was now sitting on the couch in his basement, Mike's coat resting over her shoulders.

"Is there a number we can call, for your parents?" Mike asked as the girl who looked up at him confused.

"Where's your hair, do you have cancer?" Dustin asked as I slapped his arm "Oh, my god Dustin! You can't just go around asking people if they have cancer!" I scolded.

"Did you runaway?" Lucas asked, the girl looked scared and slightly intimidated.

"Are you in some sort of trouble?" I asked. Lucas's leaned forward "is that blood?" He asking going to touch the red stain on her long yellow top before Mike slapped his hand away. "Stop it! You're freaking her out!"

"She's freaking me out." Lucas argued back. "I bet she's deaf." My brother exclaimed as he leaned towards her clapping his hands together as she jumped back from the sound. "Not deaf."

"We can all see that." I muttered.

The girl looked up at me with her doe like eyes as she shuffled slightly towards the area I was standing, maybe she felt more comfort near me because I'm a girl. "Okay guys, that's enough." I spoke, giving a little smile towards the girl.

"Eliza's right, she's scared and cold." Mike spoke as he walked over to the washing basket, taking out some hopefully clean clothes.

I turned back to the girl as the thunder seemed to scare her as she gasped slightly and closed her eyes. "Here." Mike smiled holding some clothes out towards her "these are clean, okay?"

She took the clothes and pulled them up to her face before standing up, putting the clothes next to her, letting Mike's jacket fall onto the couch, What was she doing?

She went to pull up her top as I reached forward, gently grasping her hands in mine, stopping her from going any further. "No, no, no." All of the boys exclaimed as they turned around still saying 'No', I rolled my eyes, she didn't even do it.

The girl turned to look at me, a look of confusion covering her face"you see over there." I pointed towards the basement's bathroom "that's the bathroom." She still looked confused "Privacy." I spoke slowly, grasping her hand gently in mine as she quickly grabbed the clothes before I took her over to the bathroom, letting her walk inside.

I started to close the door but she stopped it before I could. "You don't want it closed?" I asked, looking at her through the gap, she shook her head "No." She spoke, I was shocked that she actually spoke but I understood that she was scared. "Oh, you can speak." I smiled "okay, I'll leave it open a tiny bit." I replied closing it until there was only a little bit open. "Is that okay?" I asked her as she looked at me "Yes."

I nodded my head before walking away towards the boys who still looked shocked "she didn't even do anything." I spoke, crossing my arms.

Dustin looked at me "this is mental." Mike nodded "but at least she can talk."