CHAPTET TWELVE

The Bathtub

~

We followed hopper to his car, all of us not really fitting in together so I had to sit on Mikes lap since he was closer to the door.

The ride was fairly quiet and peaceful, but also quiet nerve racking and frightful at the same time, could we actually trust Hopper?

Soon we were arriving at the Byers home, the car came to a stop as the front door opened revealing Joyce, Nancy and Jonathan, Hooper walked over and opened the door, letting me climb out of the car and stand by him.

"Mike!" Nancy sighed in relief "oh, my god Mike!" She ran over to give him a hug.

I just stood their awkwardly, Not knowing what to do in that moment, only to smile at the both of them as Eleven came to hold onto my arm, something she always did.

"I was so worried about you." Nancy started as she pulled away from Mike but kept hold of his shoulders.

"Yeah, uh...me, too." Mike replied in a unsure tone, Nancy's eyes moved to look at Eleven, she looked really hard before speaking "is that my dress?"

Eleven turned her head to look at me with a panicked expression "it's just a dress Nance, Get over it!" I sing the last part as I pulled El to walk with me towards the entrance of the house.

Joyce places her hand on my arm to stop me. "I'm happy you're safe, Sweetheart." She smiled warmly, wrapping her arms around me, pulling me into a motherly hug.

This was strange to me, I never get hugs from my 'mom' it was always Dustin who got the attention, but this was nice, something foreign, but nice.
.
.
.
.
"Okay, So in this example, we're the acrobat." Mike spoke as he explained the whole parallel universe theory to the others, the same demonstration Mr, Clarke gave to us at the funeral. "Will and Barbara, and the monster, they're this flea." He pointed towards the badly drawn flea on the paper "and this is the Upside Down, where will is hiding."

"Mr. Clarke said the only way to get there is through a zip of time and space." Mike continued.

"A gate." Dustin spoke up.

"That we tracked to Hawkins Lab." Lucas finished, Eleven still held onto my arm, her head resting on my shoulder.

"With our trusted compasses of course." I pitched in, smiling slightly.

Joyce and the others looked confused before my brother spoke up "Okay, So the gate has a really strong electromagnetic field, and that can change the direction of a compass needle."

"Is this gate underground?" Hopper asked.

"Yes." Eleven spoke up, her gaze directed towards the man.

"Near a large water tank?" Hopper asked the girl.

El nodded her head "Yes."

"H-how do you know all that?" Dustin stuttered slightly, his gaze locked on Hopper.

"He's obviously seen it." I spoke up, Turing my gaze towards the man, who nodded his head.

"Is there anyway that you could...." Joyce started looking at Eleven "that you could reach will? That you could talk to him in this...."

"You mean the Upside Down?" I spoke
Up.

"Down, Yeah." Joyce whispered.

"And my friend, Barbara?" Nancy asked Eleven "can you find her, too?"

"Eliza helps." Eleven spoke up.

"What?" Joyce asked calmly.

"Elizabeth has powers as well." Lucas spoke up "she's also known as Ten."

"Surprise!" I smiled awkwardly, isn't this gonna be fun.
.
.
.
Eleven and I sat at the table, El was trying to contact Will and Barbara, while I just watched with the others, who soon got over the shock of me having powers, which I really need to use more.

My hands were placed into Mikes shoulders while I stood next to Dustin, watching as the static from the Supercom never changed into what we wanted to hear, the lights above us started to flicker.

Elevens eyes fluttered open, a look of sadness took over her features "I'm sorry." She whispered.

"W-what?" Joyce asked from where she was sitting, holding onto her sons hand. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"I can't find them." El cried, I rushed over to her and let her hug my waist for comfort, rubbing my thumb over her shoulder to sooth her. "It's okay, you did your best." I cooed.

"Bathroom?" Eleven asked, lifting her head to look at me.

"It's down the hall." I spoke, pointing in the direction, she smiled and walked towards the bathroom, tears still falling from her eyes.

"I hope she's okay." Mike spoke, as his hand touched my arm, making me turn around to look at him.

"I'm sure she will be." I replied "I guess she wanted to help really bad."

Mike nodded as I turned to stare at the direction of the bathroom "I'm going to see if she's okay."

Mike smiled and walked back towards the others, I made my way towards the bathroom and knocked on the door. "Are you okay?" I spoke.

The door opened as El pulled me into the room. "The bath." She spoke looking at the tub.

I got a knowing look on my face as I grasped into Elevens hand and smiled "You're a genius." I pulled her out of the room and towards the others.

"The bath." El spoke making the group turn to look at her.

"What?" Joyce asked, Turing around to look at us.

"Eliza and I can find them." Eleven responded. "In the bath."

"Okay! I really need to use the bathroom right now!" I spoke, running towards the bathroom, I didn't really need to go, I just wanted to try and find will, maybe I can.

I sat on the edge of the bathtub, my eyes fluttered closed, I could vaguely hear Dustin on the phone to someone, but I tried to tune him out but nothing worked.

I groaned in frustration and walked over to the sink so I could splash some water onto my face.

Authors Note,

So sorry it's late!! Another part will hopefully be up tomorrow!!
Who would like a face reveal from me for having 1k reads?

~Robyn