CHAPTER SEVEN

~

~

I was standing behind Lucas and Dustin as we walked down some train tracks, Dustin was looking at the compass in his hand as Lucas sighed "how much further?" He asked.

"I don't know." My brother spoke up "these only tell direction, not distance." Lucas shrugged as Dustin looked at him, I giggled slightly and placed my hand on Lucas's shoulder "you really need to learn about compasses, hun."

"I'm just saying." Lucas spoke "how do we know when we get to the gate?"

"Uh, I think a portal to another dimension is gonna be pretty obvious." My brother spoke in 'duh' tone making me giggle.

Lucas looked back at Mike and El, I looked back too before looking at Lucas in a questionable manner "why isn't psycho acting weird like She is?" He asked Dustin.

I places a hand over my heart in mock sadness "wow, thanks."

"You're asking if the weirdo is acting weird and why my sister isn't?" Dustin asked.

I shook my head and stoped walking, waiting for Eleven and Mike to catch up to me. "Hey, guys!" I spoke in a bubbly tone, I looked at El and immediately saw her acting weird and her breathing was heavier then usual.

I grasped onto her hand and immediately felt scared and panicky, the feeling of dread and fear creeping down my spine made me shiver, the further we walked the more intense the feeling became.

Was it possible I was feeling what El was feeling?

"Eliza!" Eleven spoke as she grasped my arm with her free hand that wasn't holding mine.

"Yeah?" I asked softy as Mike also stopped and looked at her in concern.

"Turn back." She spoke.

"What? Why?" Mike asked as she turned to look at him, Eleven looked down softly as I let go of her hand "I'm tried." She said making Mike sigh "look, I'm sure we're almost there, just hold on a little longer, okay?" He asked.

"I could always take her back?" I offered, already starting to feel a wave of panic within me.

"There's no point, Eliza." He spoke softly, grabbing hold of my hand "come on." He started to walk again, pulling me along as Eleven looked back before hooking her arm through mine.
.
.
.
We made it to what looked like an old junk yard, Dustin was still leading us along as we followed, Eleven still had the worried expression on her face as she looked at me. "I know you don't want to be here." I whispered to her as Mike was still close by. "I don't either."

She nodded and stopped walking as I stopped as well, letting the boys walk a few paces ahead. "Oh, no." Dustin muttered.

"Oh, no?" Lucas asked "what's, 'oh, no?'" Dustin turned around and sighed "we're hearing back home." He Explained.