CHAPTER SIX

~

~

We were currently at the after event, people were talking and eating some food, the atmosphere seemed darker then it usually would be, a lot more darker.

"Mr. Clarke?" Mike spoke as the gang and I stopped walking, Mr. Clarke turned away from the buffet table to look at us, a small smile gracing his lips. "Oh, hey, there." He said calmly "How are you guys holding up?"

Dustin was munching on some food, I rolled my eyes but stole some out of his hand and took a bite out of it, smiling as he glared at me.

"We're....in...mourning." Lucas spoke in a monotone voice, Mike nodded and looked down at his shoes while Dustin spoke "Man, these aren't real Nilla Wafers."

"Seriously, Dustin, shut up." I muttered, Dustin groaned but nodded his head and continued to munch on the food. "Mr. Clarke?" I asked as he turned to look at me "We were wondering if we could speak with you?"

"We have a lot of questions." Lucas spoke up, Mike nodded his head "A lot of questions." He spoke, Mr. Clarke nodded his head as we walked over to an empty table.

I sat down on the chair in-between Mike and Dustin, Mr. Clarke sat facing us as Mike began to speak "So, you know how in Cosmos, Carl Sagan talks about other dimensions?" He asked.

"Like, Beyond our world." I spoke as Mr. Clarke nodded and spoke "Yeah, sure. Theoretically."

"Right." Mike spoke "theoretically."

"So, theoretically, how do we travel there?" Lucas asked.

"You guys have been thinking about Hugh Everett's Many-Worlds interpretation, haven't you?" Mr Clarke asked, his eyes looked over our confused manners as he continued to speak "Well, basically, there are parallel universes, just like our world, but just infinite variations of it." He paused "which means there's a world out there where non of this tragic stiff ever happened."

"Yeah, that's not what we're talking about." Lucas sighed.

"Oh." Mr. Clarke spoke out.

"We were thinking more of an evil dimension." I spoke up, fiddling with the bottom of my dress.

"Like the Vale Of Shadows." My brother spoke as Mike and I nodded. "You know the Vale of Shadows?"

"An echo of the Material Plane, where necrotic and shadow magic—" Mr. Clarke spoke making Dustin nod before Mike cut him off.

"Yeah, Exactly, is that did exist, a place like the Vale of Shadows." Mike paused as I spoke.

"How would we Exactly travel there? theoretically of course."

Mr. Clarke sighed "well." He picked up a empty paper plate and pulled a marker out of his blazer pocket "picture...an acrobatic..." he draw two lines with a stick figure on top of them "standing on a tightrope, now, the tightrope is our dimension and our dimension has rules, you can move forwards."  He drew an arrow facing one way "or backwards." He drew another facing the opposite way.