CHAPTER EIGHT

THE MONSTER

~

Sometimes I feel like I can hear the darkness, the faint buzzing sound that made you want to claw at your ears, the shapes the darkness made you see, sometimes cute and innocent, other times it can make you see your worst nightmares.

But when daylight lets out its first light, it all disappears, the birds chirp and you no longer feel scared, the objects disappear along with the darkness.

The dark side within me is what scared me the most,the uncontrollable want to run and hide, the powers within me, aching to be used, wanting to be shown.

"Papa?" I questioned as I looked up, tugging at the sleeve of his arm, he peered down at me, a hard glare upon his face as he grasped my upper arm.

"Ten, you didn't do as I asked!" He spoke harshly, I whimpered and tore my gaze away from him and towards the floor, letting him drag me towards the room where the other kids were.

"Stay here until I come and get you." He muttered as he let my arm go, I nodded my head and walked into the 'play' room, he lingered at the door, a harsh sigh leaving his lips "Eleven." He spoke, a girl stood up from her chair and looked at me for a brief second before leaving with Papa.

I let my eyes linger at the doorway for a few seconds before tearing them away, sitting down on a random chair while placing my head in my hands.

"Elizabeth! Wake up, you idiot!" I groaned and reluctantly opened my eyes, Dustin stood next to my bed, his signature toothless smile appeared on his face, making me sit up and giggle slightly.

"What's up?" I questioned, pulling the duvet away from my body and standing up, walking over to my vanity and grabbing my hair brush.

"I'm going over to Mike's." Dustin replied as he started making my bed, I ran the brush through my hair and watched him through the mirror "you wanna come?" He asked, placing the last pillow onto the bed.

I nodded and placed the brush down "Sure, just wait in the living room, I'll be out soon." I smiled, Dustin nodded and walked towards the door. "Dustin?" I questioned, he stopped halfway and held onto the door handle "Yeah?" He asked.

"Thank you." I spoke watching as his expression turned into confusion "for not treating me any different, because I have powers."

Dustin shook his head and smiled his toothless smile once again "You're my sister and I love you." He opened the door and walked out "hurry up!" He shouted as the door slammed shut.