CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The Bathtub

~

After the group had told me of their plan we were on our way to Hawkins middle school, this time I was with Joyce and Jonathan, since I wasn't going to be cramped in that other car again.

"So." Jonathan spoke up as Joyce drove the car "what powers do you have?" He asked.

"Um, I can teleport, feel other people's feelings, like I know you and Nancy have a thing." I winked before speaking again "I can make fire appear and make objects move."

"Wow, That's lot of powers you have there." He laughed slightly, the blush from the previous accusation still lingered on his face.

I laughed and nodded.

"I'm glad you told us about them." Joyce spoke up "do you think Will is okay?"

"I hope so, Joyce." I spoke up with a small smile "I still feel connected to him in some way, so I'm taking that as a sign that he is."

I looked out of the window to see us pulling into the parking lot, we all got out as Jonathan went to help Hopper with getting the salt.

I walked into the school, no one following me, i just some quiet time to myself I guess. It's weird how a few weeks ago I would've never thought this would happen, I would still be seeing papa when he asked to see me, posing as my Social Worker, I would still be that shy girl who would casually flirt with, Mike Wheeler.....everything would have been different.

I turned to look into the science classroom to see Joyce and Eleven, I smiled and walked into the room "hi." I mumbled a greeting, moving to sit onto the desk next to them.

Joyce smiled and clapped her hands together "now I have you both here." She exclaimed standing up, walking over to the cupboard to grab two pairs of science goggles and duck tape. "I can make you these."

She began to place the tape over the goggles, so it would be like a blindfold, easier for Eleven and I to track Will and Barbara "this will keep it dark for you guys, just like in your bathtub." She spoke the last words to Eleven, who watched her silently.

Joyce sighed and stared at us both "you're both such brave girls." She spoke, looking at us with awe "you know that, don't you?" I slightly nodded my head while El stayed silent "everything You're both doing for my boy...for Will...for my family." Joyce sighed again, my eyes watered up slightly, Joyce was like a mother figure to me, seeing her like this hurt me...mentally "thank you." She said with a small smile.

Eleven sent Joyce a small smile back, Joyce leaned forward and took our hands in hers "listen." She spoke "I'm going to be there with you both the whole time, and if it ever gets to scary...in-in that place, you both let me know, okay?"

Eleven and I nodded "yes." Eleven replied, I just smiled and tightened my grip on Joyce's hand "ready?" She asked.

"Ready." I spoke up, moving down from my place on the desk to stand on the floor.