CHAPTER TEN

The Monster

~

The sound of a body hitting the floor made me turn my head, a gasp leaving my throat as I ran towards Eleven. "El" I spoke as I kneeled on the floor, shaking her fragile body.

Mike ran toward me and kneeled down "El, are you okay?" He asked, as she opened her eyes, tears begging to form in her eyes.

"El?" I questioned, watching as she turned to look me before looking back at Mike.

"Mike...I'm sorry." She cried quietly, my heart broke for her, after all she was like my sister, we both came from the same place, she didn't know right from wrong.

"Sorry?" Mike asked "what are you sorry for?"

"The gate.." She spoke making my eyes widen, she looked towards me and continued to speak "I opened it, I'm the monster."

"No." I spoke up, shaking my head lightly "You're not the monster, El." I laughed slightly "you saved me."

"You saved her, El." Mike smiled, placing his hand on my shoulder "you saved Eliza, do you understand?" He asked, smiling.

I reached over and grasped onto Elevens hands, helping her to sit up while pulling her into a hug, her head resting on my shoulder.

Mikes arms went around us as he joined the hug, Dustin joined after a few seconds. "Thank you, El." I whispered, feeling her tighten her hold on me while Mike rubbed my back slightly.

I closed my eyes and sighed, everything felt right at this moment, all my worried floated away, leaving me feeling peaceful and happy.

After awhile Mike, Dustin and I went back for our bikes while Eleven held onto my hand, something that I knew made her feel less nervous and more at peace.

We started to walk back towards Mikes house walking next to our bikes, Eleven sat on mine while I pushed it, it was easier then letting her walk I suppose.

We made it to Mikes house and walked towards the back door, I helped Eleven climb back down from my bike before I dropped it to the ground, following Mike as he opened it.

Something didn't feel right, I looked behind me slightly feeling as someone was watching us, but nobody was there.
.
.
.
.
The Bathtub

El and I stood in the bathroom as I wiped the dirt away from her face with a cloth, I smiled and chucked it into the sink. "There, all done."

Eleven looked at me before turning towards the mirror, looking at herself before touching her head, I knew she was thinking about the blonde wig. "You don't need it." I spoke, walking to stand behind her, placing my hands on her shoulders, looking at her through the mirror.

"Still Pretty?" She questioned, looking at me through the mirror as I nodded my head and smiled "of course." I responded "you're always gonna be pretty, Eleven."