CHAPTER NINE

THE MONSTER.

~

"Back to Mom?" I asked Papa, he looked down at me and tutted slightly, shaking his head.

"You will see her soon." His voice was soft but held a sort of anger within it, he had taken me away from my foster mom again, I was hadn't, I was actually having fun hanging out with the rest of the party (Dustin, Mike, Will and Lucas)

"I brought you here for a reason today, Ten." He spoke, taking a hold of my hand, beginning to drag me towards a set of double metal doors.

"L-like What?" I questioned, as he pressed some code into the lock, watching as it opened.

"You'll see." He said, pushing me to walk in front of him, people stared at me closely, frightening me slight.

"Don't be frightened, Ten." Papa spoke "they are all friends, there only here to watch."

I nodded my head, keeping my focus on the big tank of water, he took me up the stairs that lead towards the top of it.

"Ten." Another voice spoke lightly as I turned to see a man, holding something with wires connected to it, already knowing I should oblige I walked over and let the man place it on my head. "Now remember." Papa spoke "what ever you face it's not real because you're here, it'll be reaching out to you, 'cause it wants you."

I stared straight at him, nodding my head slightly "it's calling for you, so don't turn away from it this time." He paused, getting closer to my face "I want you to find it."

"Okay." I spoke, as the thing I was standing on started to lower slightly into the water, a man walked over and placed a mask over my head, protecting the wires from the water and so I could also breathe at the same time.

After I was fully submerged into the water, I stepped off the platform and into the tank, the same man closed the lid as another slid the cover to the glass closed so I couldn't see papa anymore.
.
.
"This is weird without Lucas." My brother, Dustin spoke as we biked down the road, I was in between Dustin and Mike.

"He should've shaken my hand." Mike responded, turning his head to look at Dustin.

"But he didn't." I spoke, lifting myself off the seat slight "because he's an idiot."

"Yeah, like you." Dustin replied making me look at him with the 'Really' face, he just smiled and started to speak again "he's just jealous."

"What are you talking about?" Mike asked in confusion making Dustin turn his head to look at him.

"Sometimes, your total obliviousness just blows my mind." Dustin sighed, it was silent for a few seconds before I spoke up.

"He's your best friend, right?"