confusion and feelings

~ Mari's POV ~

For some reason chat had started visiting me as Marinette. I love thought that he wants to be my friend. I'm ladybug and I've always feared how he would react if he knew I was Marinette. But I'm quite sure he would be OK with it. He'd be surprised but also excepting of me as a whole.

But he unnerving part is; chat hasn't visited me in a week. I'm not clinging to him like I'm his girlfriend, but...he makes me feel safe. I don't really know how to explain it.

I hug my chat noir doll to my chest and try to resist the urge to cry. I feel a gentle hand rest on my shoulder. Looking up, my eyes meet a beautiful set of emerald green orbs. "Chat?!" I ask quite surprised to see him. He smiles warmly at me and nods his head. "Finally got a day off and decided to visit my princess."  I nod, sighing as I sit down and stare intensely at my chat noir doll. "Princess? Did that little me hurt your feelings? I can smack him for you." She cracked a smile and giggled. "You silly cat" he stares at her for a few minutes and had the urge to hug the girl. She looked vulnerable so he hesitated, until she leaned into him and lays her head on the crook of his neck and shoulder.

"Mari?" She nods. " whatever's bothering you; you can talk to mW about it. "Oh, I just- never mind. Its stupid." He pushes her off of him and moves her face so she is looking at him. "If its bothering you than its not stupid."  She looks at him, feeling more upset than ever. "I missed you! OK?! I was just afraid that you weren't coming back and it scared me. I'm also confused and conflicted because I don't know why that upsets me!" Chat stares at her with wide eyes; closing his mouth as a blush covers his cheeks. "Princess, Do you like me?" "Of course I do why are you ask- oooh." She blushes as realization hits her in the face leaving her with tomato red: cheeks, ears, and neck. " why the hell did you ask?!" She screams, but suddenly shuts upon realizing where he parents were and what time it was. " balcony, NOW!" She stated in a panic and runs, pulling chat with her, to the balcony.

A moment of silence passes over them as marinette tries to compose herself. " why would you ask me that when I'm in that state of mind?" He looks at her confused. "Do you not really like me?" She turns away from him and crosses her arms. "Of course I do. I just- chat promise me you'll never leave me. And you have to mean it!" He hesitated before quickly pulling her into a tight hug. "You have my word. I swear on my own life I'll always be there for you princess. Your my best Friend. And I just might like you too." He pulls back and looks into her bluebell eyes until they herd a beep coming from his ring. "You should probably go. Its late and all." She turns to go back down to her room, but chat grabbed her wrist, pulled her into him, and kissed her lightly on the lips. "Sweet dreams princess." He jumps on her rail, ready to push off but marinette catches him. "Wait!...do I know you without the mask?" He grins at her with a light flush to his cheeks and states, "you'll figure it out." And he was gone.