Chapter 12

That's literally me.

Remi's POV

I asked the teacher for a break from all the intensive running and to my surprise, she agreed told me to get back after a minute, she was not kidding about the minute. I thought of a plane to run away from her class, so I told her that the principal wanted to see me. It feels awesome to blackmail your principal and you know that he's a jerk so my conscious won't scold me.

As I was drinking water near my locker and minding my own business, I felt two hands push me harshly to the lockers. I hissed at the pain, and I was surprised by the sudden impact. I looked at the sculptor who did this and saw none other than Vincent Payne. The school's trouble maker. Not the funny kind or the charming kind, he was the harmful kind.

He hated my brothers so much, especially Jack, because his girlfriend dumped him for my brother. Jack didn't care for her, he didn't even know she existed until she told him that she loved him. Jack was confused at first but rejected her in the nicest way possible at the end when he knew what she did to her boyfriend. He told her and I quote: "Go and find another play-toy because I'm not one"

He didn't like her because she broke up with her boyfriend -who loved her so much- because of him. Jack thought that it was a stupid reason to do that and she was not loyal and we all thought that too. Vincent loathed him since last year but when he saw me on the first day in my freshman year with my brothers, he marked me. I was his target, but not the -I'll bully you- target. He found me admiring. He said that he loved me. So I was his target in that way.

I didn't and won't ever believe him, because he wanted to hurt my brothers by hurting me. He knew that I was their weakness. I'm not an idiot to fall for his traps. Wait... I'm smart and that's a trap... Reminds me of a song. Which one? Remi, you're being pushed by the jerk and you're talking about songs, great.

"Let go," I said in a quiet, intimidating tone but he smirked in a rude and perverted way. I tried to release myself from his grip but he was stronger than me. I never said that I was strong but I never said that I was weak. What the hell I'm talking about?

A couple of seconds later of me trying to get out of his grip, I couldn't feel him anymore on me. I looked down and saw Ian trying to kick him in the guts after the punch that he delivered. Fast much?

From the reflex, I wrapped my arms around his waist and stopped him with my pleading eyes. Vincent got up and dashed to the men's bathroom that was near the lockers. I didn't want Ian to be in trouble because of me. Vincent can sue him if he had kicked him. About the punch, I couldn't do anything to stop it because I didn't see it coming, neither did Vincent. I can say that Ian defended me which he did and I was so grateful for him. He had a reason to punch him. To protect me.

"Ian, thank you," I looked at him after letting him go. He took deep breaths, calmed down and smiled at me. "Are you okay?" He asked while rubbing my cheek, then, I saw Nick grab my water bottle, and handed it to me. "Yeah, are you hurt?" Nick asked with worried eyes and I felt bad that I put them in that situation.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you guys so much. I don't know what could have happened if you weren't here at the right moment," I replied with a bright smile to make them feel better. To make them realize that I was okay.

"Remi, Ian, Nick," I heard someone call my name and the boys' so we turned around and saw Derek and Sammy running towards me. "Yes?" We asked. "Ian, why did you punch Vincent?" Derek asked him and my eyes widened. "How did you know?" I asked. Are there any birds who were listening and watching what JUST happened?

"We were in the men's bathroom when we heard muttering, we got close to it and saw Vincent looking at his nose that was bleeding in the mirror. Then, he punched it causing it to shatter while cursing the new guys and saying that he will pay you back. Why?" Sammy explained then asked with crossed arms waiting for a good reply.

"He protected me from him!" I stated and Nick nodded. "Yeah, he pushed her to the lockers, she tried to wiggle her way out but couldn't, due to that, Ian snapped and punched him really hard. He wanted to kick him as well but Remi stopped him," Nick answered with a pat on Ian's back. Someone is proud of his friend.

Derek and Sammy's eyes went wide and they gritted their teeth. Their knuckles turned white and I sighed. "I'm so gonna kill him!" They spat at the same time and started walking back to the men's bathroom. I blocked their way and Nick helped. Ian just stood there with his fists on the wall. He looked super mad. He looked hot if I must add. Focus Remi. Your brothers are about to kill a man and end up in jail with a lunatic criminal and you're talking about Ian being hot!

"Guys, calm down. It's alright, he won't come near me again. Plus the boys did what you told them to do in case of any danger. They protected me so forget about Vincent for now." I said in a calm tone that made them relax a bit. Derek looked at my eyes, then he cupped my cheeks like he usually does, and then he kissed my forehead. Sammy gave me a tight bear hug then he released me.

As we were walking back to class, a voice called for Ian and Nick. "Mr. Barry, detention. Now." We all turned and saw a fuming Mr. Dunn. I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. "Come again?" I pointed out with crossed arms. When Mr. Dunn saw me, his face turned white and drained. "Oh Remi, I didn't see you there..." He cleared his throat, already regretting what he just demanded.

"Why do they need detention?" I asked in a challenging manner. He rubbed the nape of his neck. "Oh, um, I... Well, because he punched Vincent. I saw him on the security cameras," he admitted in a nervous tone. "Oh, then you MUST have seen the reason why he did it, right Mr. Dunn?" I asked again and he gulped.

He was silent for a minute then he opened his mouth to speak. "On second thought, you guys can go. Bye for now." With that, he dashed to his office. How dare he to even think of punishing them while I was around! "Um, Remi?" Nick's call brought me back to reality. "Mmm," I hummed then I focused my gaze on Ian. He was smiling amusingly at me.

I smirked. "What just happened?" Sammy completed what Nick had started and I chuckled. "Well, the principal and I are great friends," I replied then headed back to my class. 5 minutes left and we are off to lunch break. I'm starving.

••••••••••••••••••••••√√√•••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello again ♡

I hope you liked this chapter :)

Please vote and comment♛

Thank you so much for always commenting and voting and reading, I love you guys. You are fabulous ☆