Chapter 15

Amazing cover made by @BentOverBckwards27 .Thank you ♡

Remi's POV

"Okay, sis, before you start telling us your not so romantic story, do Jayden and Jason know about you and Adrian?" Ian asked Loren with narrow eyes. Oh yes, Loren, Jayden, and Jason are triplets. And Ian is so protective of her. Like someone I know... or someones.

Loren chuckled. "Yes, you just don't know because I don't see you that often," she replied and I felt bad for Ian. Just for a split second and no more than that, because these boys were annoying when they turned to the overprotective brothers they were. She was savage and I loved her. "Okay, go on," Ian sighed and leaned back on the couch.

I was sitting in Derek's lap, Sammy and Cole were next to us from both sides. Jack, Luca, and Nick sat on the couch that was in front of us. Ian, Logan, Lucas, and Dad sat on the other couch. Mama, Uncle Adrian, and Loren sat on the chairs. This is the first time that I notice this fact. We have a lot of couches in the house.

Uncle Adrian cleared his throat and looked at Loren with so much affection and adoration. "So, we met on a plane. The plane that I was flying, to Paris." He began and I was eager to know what had happened between them. "That day was so normal and boring, I was flying with no disturbance or anything. Two hours passed since the take-off, and we heard girls screaming. I got worried and alerted, thus, I decided to check what was happening. I let my copilot fly the plane in case of an autopilot error," uncle leaned back on the chair and smiled. "I got out of the room and headed to the source of the screaming. When I finally approached the small crowd in one alley, I saw a hostess trying to wake a girl up. That girl was Loren." Uncle Adrian explained and our heads snapped towards her. What a plot twist.

Ian stood up and approached his sister. "Why? What happened to you, Loren?" Ian asked her and the worry was evident of his face. Hot face. Focus Remi.

She let out a tiny laugh but the hurt was audible in it, she felt what her brother was feeling. "I ate a cupcake that had Kiwis in it," she replied and Ian ran his hand through his hair. He let out a long breath. "In that case, thank God that you're still alive!" He hugged her tightly, then sat back in his spot. "Why?" I found myself asking. I was not the only one who was confused.

"I'm allergic to Kiwis, whenever I eat it, the air stops reaching my lungs and I feel like my throat is being poked by small needles. So, in other words, I stop breathing," Loren explained and I nodded in understanding. Allergies sucked.

Uncle cleared his throat so he can continue the story. "So, when I saw her laying on the floor, I recognized her as Uncle Aaron and Aunt Lilly's daughter. I quickly grabbed the first aid kit and pulled out an injection for any kind of allergies. I figured that it was an allergy because I didn't find any injuries on her, but I found the cupcake in her hand, so, I opened her mouth to see if she choked with a piece but found none. I shot her with the injection. We waited. 15 minutes later, she opened her eyes and started breathing normally." Uncle Adrian spoke while squeezing her hand. Then he kissed her cheek.

"Hey, watch it, dude," Ian warned and the rest of us laughed. Loren rolled her hazel eyes at her little brother. "Basically, he's my hero. He literally saved my life," she pointed out with a wide smile, and her eyes were reflecting love and kindness. I feel like I'm in a romantic movie. Because I cringed a lot, yet it was so sweet. I'll never be able to experience that. Due to some idiots that live under the same roof as me.

"Okay, he saved you and I'm very thankful for that... The question is, how did it develop to a relationship between you two? I mean, it should be over. He saved you. You lived. End of the story." Ian asked with crossed arms. He was annoyed for sure.

Loren looked at her brother and smiled. "Well, when we landed in Paris, Adrian wanted to take full responsibility and stay with me for the whole trip, it was not exactly a trip, it was a business trip. He came with me to work and waited patiently for me to finish, then we'd go and have dinners together and shop together. The best thing was that we stayed in the same hotel, by coincident. It was a lovely coincidence that led to us." She held uncle's hand and kissed it.

"You guys are so cute together. I was waiting for this day to come for years. Finally." Mama clapped her hands and the excitement filled her blue eyes. "Remi, I hope that you find your true love in a romantic way, minus the choking part," mama exclaimed which made the quads, dad, and Ian to jump from their seats. "No!" They all yelled. Ian? Why is he saying no? My brothers and dad saying no is a normal thing but Ian!

Everyone that was in the room, stared at Ian, including me. "Ian?" Mama called. His cheeks were red, he rubbed the back of his neck, trying to avert any eye contact with any of us. "Yes?" He replied and waited. "Is there something you want to tell us?" Dad asked with crossed arms.

"Yeah man, is there anything that we don't know?" Logan asked and Ian shook his head no. "Oh look, it's getting late. See you tomorrow, bye," he headed to the main door but was stopped by my brothers. They grabbed him by the shoulders. "Not so fast," Derek said and Ian gulped. "Now spill it" Ian sent me SOS signs but I pretend that I didn't see him. I wanted to know too. Sue me.

"There is nothing to spill, can I go now?" He asked but Cole said no. A moment of silence had passed, until Uncle Adrian jumped from his seat. "I forgot to mention to you an important matter. Loren where is it?" Uncle asked her and we all looked at them confused. "What happened?" Dad asked him.

"When we knocked on your door, we found a paper attached to the door frame. We opened it, out of curiosity, but forgot to tell you," he replied then we all sat back in our places. "What was written in it?" Mama asked and uncle Adrian looked at me.

He opened the letter and cleared his throat. "Remi Thea McKnight, you and your brothers and your boyfriend will pay for what you did to me. Be prepared! From V.P"

••••••••••••••••••••••√√√••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello lovely readers :)

I hope you liked this chapter ^_^

Please vote and comment ♕