Chapter 17

The photo will help you... In a way. (2017)

Remi's POV

It had been a week and a half since Vincent's threat and nothing had happened. Nothing. Everything was normal. Too normal, to be honest, and it freaked me out a bit. Vincent didn't show up at all. Not in school nor around the block. I'm not complaining or anything though.

"Remi, Aurora," Cole called for us after he chewed his food. We were in the lunch break, sitting on a big table together. "Yeah?" Roo replied and I waited for him to speak. "Will you come to our game, tomorrow?" He asked in a serious tone. Is he stupid?

"You and Sammy's? Of course, what kind of question was that?" I answered then ate the last bite of my plate. "Okay, then. Ian, Logan, Nick, Jack, and Derek will keep an eye on you two." Cole explained and we nodded. "What about Lucas and Luca?" Roo asked while looking at them. I wondered as well. Luca looked at Lucas then they smiled. "We will be playing too," Luca replied and I stood up. "When did that happen?" I asked, completely bewildered by his statement. They didn't seem to be the type of guys who play soccer. I thought they were too lazy to do anything. Well, you learn something new every day.

They chuckled. "Since three days ago, when Sammy told the coach that we can play," Lucas answered and I sat back on my seat. The coach is too trustful, what if Sammy was lying? He doesn't lie but still...

As we were chatting, the queen bee decided to show up. "Hey guys," Veronica greeted the boys and didn't spare us a single glance. Rude much? Okay, that line is too old. I need a new one. But I'm too lazy to think.

I stole fries from Ian's plate then gazed back at her. "Hey, Veronica, can't you see that we're still eating here?" I told her and she raised her eyebrows at me. She looked like I told her the accelerating equation and demanded her to explain it. "So?" She asked and I rolled my eyes. "Don't let us lose our appetite, please," I informed her with an evil grin. She rolled her eyes then looked back at Nick. She was trying to make out with one of the boys, even my brothers, but she didn't succeed so far. Nick was her target for now. I feel sorry for him and Aurora. They love each other but none of them dare to ask the other out.

"Hey Nick, do you want to take me to the movies later?" She asked in her pitchy, vexing voice. I glanced at Nick and saw him sending help stares to the guys. They just ignored him. They are too evil. Or chickens. I didn't care but they were bad friends.

"No, he can't take you to the movies," I replied in his place, to save him from this terrible crisis. Veronica snapped her head towards me and crossed her arms. "Why not?" She asked with a glare. "Um, because... Because... " I looked at Nick to continue his excuse. He got the hints and stood up. He walked towards Roo and put his arms on her shoulders. "Because I'm taking Aurora to the movies, I already promised. Isn't that right?" Nick asked her and she almost spat her drink on him.

Roo coughed rapidly then glared him. "Um, y-yeah, so sorry Veronica. Now goodbye." She was too angry to even look at my brothers and see their faces, their not so happy faces. Roo was angry. Not good. We watched Veronica leave our table then my brothers grabbed Nick's shoulders. He was their pray for what he had done. Here we go again.

"You do realize that we won't allow you to do that, right?" Derek asked him and Nick nodded. He looked disappointed though. I looked at Roo, and she looked disappointed. They. Love. Each. Other. Period.

"Guys, they won't go alone. I will tag along with Ian, I need a new outfit for tomorrow's game. Right, Ian? You said you needed new shoes." I looked at Ian and dared him to say no. His eyes widened for a second then he nodded like a good boy. "Y-yeah, I need new sneakers." Ian agreed but my brothers shook their heads. "No, we will come too," they cleared in unison. My turn to say no.

"Really guys? Did you already forgot what do you have to do today?" I asked them, feeling like a boss who can beat them all. Mama kind of boss. "What?" They snapped their heads at me and I grinned slyly.

"Cole and Sammy, soccer practice. Tomorrow is the big game. Derek and Jack, basketball practice, your game is in a week. Logan, Luca, and Lucas will have to go and help dad clean the garage." I pointed at each one of them, but my brothers looked defeated. They couldn't skip any practice. "Since when? " Luca and Lucas asked together and Logan nodded. "Yeah, since when do we have to clean?"

"Since..." I pulled out my phone from my pocket and texted dad, I told him that the boys will help him clean it. He replied quickly saying okay. "Now." I smiled feeling the victory on my head. Like a crown. I just arranged a date for Nick and Roo. I can't believe it. They should thank me later by giving me Oreos.

All of the boys sighed with annoyance. "Since we can't come, Ian and Nick, you have to keep an eye on both girls and do not do anything that can make us kill you later. Okay?" Jack threatened them and they nodded. Like they have a choice other than nodding.

"Stop worrying, we'll have fun." Aurora winked at me and I laughed feeling the freedom for once. I was actually going to the mall without any one of my brothers. Can this day get any better?

As I was drowned in my own thoughts, we heard Veronica's screaming. We all stood up with the rest of the students to see what was happening. Yup, it can get better.

We saw her running with heels in her hands, she was running from the Janitor's mad dog. He was chasing her like he was chasing an ice cream truck. We burst out of laughing, and the whole cafeteria was echoing from laughter. "Run, V, Run," Roo called for her and Veronica looked at us. Her make-up was melting from the sweat. "Shut up," she yelled back.

Minutes later, the janitor came in and stood next to our table. We looked at him, waiting for something to happen. "Aren't you gonna stop him?" Logan asked with a chuckle. The janitor looked his way and shrugged. "No, that will teach her not to act bitchy and kick the water pocket on the floor that I just cleaned. She is stupid," he explained with a laid back attitude which I loved. I laughed and clapped for him.

"Yup, she deserves this," I said and we continued watching her running around students while crying, or was it just sweat? "Someone, make it stop," She shouted. Suddenly, I had an idea that could help us in the future. "Hey V, if I make him stop, will you stop trying to be with my brothers or the boys?" I asked in a high tone to make sure that she'd listen to my request.

"Yes, yes, just make it stop chasing me!" She yelled and I looked at the janitor. He was waiting for me to speak. "Let's make a deal," I told him and he raised one eyebrow. He wouldn't agree without anything in return. That was today's world. "I'm listening," he replied. My brothers were so confused, they even sat on the table.

"If I can make your lunch break an hour instead of 35 minutes, will you stop your dog?" I suggested. Who can say no to more free time?

He thought about it for a second. "How are you going to do that?" He narrowed his eyes and I smirked. "I have my ways with the principal, believe me, he won't say no. He can't." I reassured him and he smiled. Principal Dunn, you cheat and get caught... you suffer.

"Okay then," we shook hands then he whistled for his dog to stop. See, that's how you make the queen bee off of your boys' back.

••••••••••••••••••••••√√√•••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi guys♕

I hope you liked this chapter:)

Comment ship names for Ian and Remi!

Please vote and comment ☆