Chapter 16

“Eomma!” Jieun called the attention of her mom, who was talking to Mrs. Lawrence and another young lady just a few years older than her.

“Oh, Jieun-ah! Finally! Why were you so late? It’s very embarrassing for a busy people like them” she said in her nagging tone, “Joesonghabnida” Jieun just bowed politely.

“Don’t worry about it Eunji-ah, I understand teens like her. She must be having fun with her company” Mrs. Lawrence pats the back of Jieun.

“Right. When I was like her age eommonim, I used to skip eomma’s rules. But of course, I do think she’s way better than I am. By the way” the stranger yet very beautiful lady, walks to her side.

“Annyeong, nan Pyxie-imnida but I rather you call me eonni, if in case you want to address me in that way but I insist. So call me Pyxie eonni” she reaches for her hand and Jieun eventually accepts it.

“A-Annyeong eo-eonni, nan Jieun-imnida”

“Yay! She really is a cute and pretty young lassie eomma” Pyxie gazes at her mom.

“Told you Pyx” she smiled widely to her daughter, describing exactly Jieun’s features.

“Madams? The foods are served” a man in uniform said leading them to the hall where her debut celebration will be held on the 16th.

“Wow! You debut really is a grandiose one, Jieun-ah!” she nudged Jieun and turned to her mom, “Eomma, this is the biggest hall right?”

“Exactly, I want to give Jieun a present and a night wherein she is the most beautiful young lady, all eyes are bore on her. A debut I have always wanted to have” Mrs. Lawrence clasps both her hands together, dreaming in her dream land.

“B-But, I can just have a simple party eommonim” Jieun stammers, rubbing her arm with her free hand.

“Oh no, this is our present for you dear. Your mom wanted this too, right Eunji?” Mrs. Lawrence turns to her to ask some support

“Yes dear, so please let’s have some food tasting so we could decide what foods should be served on your night” she added, supporting her friend.

++

//May 16th//

Noona~ Noona~” Hyunjoong said in his singsong, waking her up from her slumber. “Noona~Noona~” he turned to his parents and counted, “Hana, dul, set”

And together they sang, “Saengil chukkahabnida~ Saengil chukkahabnida~” as Hyunjoong opened the door for them.

Jieun rolled in her queen-sized bed and sit up as she heard her door creaked open, “Eomma, Appa, Hyunjoong” she half-asleep stated while rubbing her eyes to at least wake up.

“Happy birthday, dear!” Her mom blubbers out.

“Eomma, are you weeping?” she asks as she sees a tear escaped from her mom’s left eye.

 “Am not!” she protested and immediately wiped her cheek.

“Your mom just can’t believe that our little princess is already a lady from today onwards” Mr. Lee said on her bedside, showing her cake.

“Nah! Stop with all the drama and just blow your candles noona!” Hyunjoong demands and crosses his arms yet he is happy for his noona.

“Make a wish, first” her dad said and she closed her eyes, ‘I wish, I wish everyone to be happy like me’ she opens her eyes and blows her candles.