Chapter 18

Jiyeon and Wooyoung are on a date in the amusement park after school. Walking hand-in-hand, they saw Jieun and William getting off the Ferris wheel.

“Oh, Jieunnie!” Jiyeon ungrasps their hands and runs to Jieun, giving her a tight embrace.

“Yeon-ah, I c-can’t breathe” she struggles saying it, tapping Jiyeon’s back.

“Mianhae” she leans away, “I didn’t expect to see you here, so the engaged are now happily dating?”

Jieun smiles awkwardly while rubbing her nape, “Kinda” she giggles softly.

“I thought, you both will be hating each other just like in the movie dramas I’ve seen but eventually fall in love with each other” she clasps her hands together and brings it to her chest and moving sideways, day-dreaming.

“Aissh, stop with your day dreams…” Jiyeon flinched when Jieun pokes her side. “Aren’t our situation better than your watched movie dramas?”

“Right, chukkahaeyo…” Jiyeon glances at William; “I forgot to introduce myself mianhae, nan Park jiyeon-imnida” she extends her arm for a handshake.

“William Lawrence” William extends his and accepts her hand, shaking it.

“I thought, it’s Woohyun?” she asked when they ungrasps each other’s hands. She links her arm with Wooyoung’s, who just keep his mouth shut from the whole time.

“It’s my Korean name, eomma addresses me in that name but I prefer to be called William”

“Oh, Woohyun isn’t bad” Jieun pinches his mandoo cheeks, skin shipping with him isn’t bad anyway. Since Wooyoung let’s Jiyeon do that with him.

William smiled at her and back to the couple. ‘Why was he glaring?’ Wooyoung was indeed glaring all the time, grinding his teeth in wrath.

William frowned, “Wooyoung-ah, what’s the matter?” Jiyeon and Jieun shifted their attention to him.

“N-Nothing, h-hyung” he presses his lips together. William is 7 minutes older than Wooyoung, ‘Hyung? Can I puke?’

“Anyway, should we have a double date then?” Jiyeon asked cheerfully.

“Sure/Andwae” William and Jieun said in unison, the difference was just William agreed but Jieun disagreed.

“Why?” they looked at each other in the same question they asked each other.

“Are you tired?” William worriedly asked and Jieun nodded as an answer yet she wasn’t tired at all, she just doesn’t want seeing Jiyeon and Wooyoung together.

++

//3rd year in high school//

Unexpectedly, Wooyoung didn’t make it for the first section. William on the other hand, transfers in Howon and he and Jieun are classmates.

Wooyoung made efforts for Junho and Jiyeon to be together. Jiyeon eventually starts liking Junho since he was there whenever she needs him.

“Oppa?” Jiyeon softly calls for Wooyoung while they are walking hand-in-hand in the mall. Wooyoung just hums as a respond.

“I know I was being unfair but I’ve liked Junho oppa for these past few days” she confessed, halting.

“Don’t be sorry” he glances and smiles at her, ungrasping his hand from hers. “I should be, I’ve wanted to tell you this a year ago… Jieun---”