Chapter 13

Steve Regretted his every move taking bucky to the pound. Many reasons included that he himself was helpless and wanted to take all of the dogs and Cats home with him.But the painful reason of going was Bucky.

Bucky was very fond of dogs and had always talked about getting one back in the day. He would blab on for hours about from when they  would of had saved enough he would buy the cheapest, no matter how beaten up or hurt it was. But steve would refuse because it wasnt fair to the dog they sometimes couldnt even buy their own food and having a dog woukd cause more trouble because they didnt have dog food and Dog needs because all of that would cost to much. Bucky would always talk about when everything was sorted he would buy one. No matter What Steve said.

They Both walked along the aisles looking at the sad faces planted and stuck on the dogs faces. As they passed them they yelped and carried on. They just wanted to be loved and taken home.

Steve found a dog that intrested him a little this dog was a Jack Russell, he didnt have many problems compared to all the other dogs.

"Buck, what do you think of this one?"

Steve turned around and knew Bucky had wondered off.

"Bucky?!" Steve yelled

"Here steve." The voice answered

Steve found Bucky in the corner playing with a  ball with a little puppy he found pushed in the corner with the other dogs.

This puppy was tagged to have been neglected by his owner and was abused at a really young age. Steve felt the urge of finding the owner and giving him a talking to. The poor little creature  was  only 1 year old.

It had a dirty white coat with orangery Patches.His eyes were sad and droopy,his legs were not quite developed from being stuck in a cage so long.On the left side of his stomach it suffred a huge purpley and green bruise. The Dog limped along and licked Buckys arm slowly and still after all that managed to happily still wagging his tail.

"It said its breed is a English Staffy."Steve reading off the info card.

"Can we take this one?" Bucky asks Having the dog on his lap patting and scratching his head.

"I dont know buck....this one has been abused and bashed...will he have issues later on if we get him?"

"I dont know and i dont care i want this one Stevie." Bucky cried with the dog still on his lap

"Fine Buck.im happy with that"

"I'm going to call him patches." Bucky said.

Steve smiled noticing the pain in Buckys face drained out and his normal skin tone had returned. He was so happy and so was Patches.

"Patches it is." Steve said picking it up and letting him lick his face.

~

The boys decided to go to the beach, it had flet like more than a centuary since they had been and of course they brang patches.

"Come on buck,patches and i was you to come for a run with us and a play in the water."Steve teased

The beach was probarly the worst place to right now for bucky. It was crowded and the people swimming in swimmers and bikinis made Bucky more self conscience. everything was enjoying the nice sun shine and beautiful weather whilst bucky sat on the picnic mat with a big long sleeve jumper.

He didnt want to swim no matter what Steve said.His major fear was that everyone would run away scared by his arm. He hates his arm.

"No" bucky said sternly in a angry and agitated voice."Im staying right here."