Chapter 19

The morning light shone through the whole hotel room and Bucky mind decided that he didn’t need to sleep. Steve had moved around around in his sleep and because they were facing each other, limbs interwined and their faces centimeters away. Bucky leg in a awkward position under steve but he didn’t want to wake up steve. He twisted over to look at the clock it read 6:21.  He tried to break his leg free from underneath steve and that was a success.

He got out of bed and made his way to the kitchen but as he walked out he turned to look at steve tall form, hunched over, cuddling the blanket.

Well shit, Bucky thought. Look at him.

They were still in the hotel and of course the kitchen wasn’t too far away from the bed so he tried to make the less amount of noise hoping not to wake him.

“Bucky your up!” Steve said sitting up In bed rubbing his eyes.

“Yea I am.” Bucky smiled putting the water on.

“We have to meet tony at the lobby at 9 o’clock sharp, He says his giving you present.i just remembered.”

“Really, his already given me enough.”

"Well, he said to meet him at 9 and i cant change it can I."

"Christ stevie, calm down ill be in bed in a sec, calm down alright."

Steve laughed "sorry, its just cold."

"Well i can take care of that." Bucky smirked

~

Tony dropped them off with a smirk and a smile. Both of them confused where tony had taken them.

"Call me when you want to leave." tony said closing the door.

"Tony what are you doing?" Steve asked annoyed

Tony opened the door and looked at them both with a go with the flow face.

"You're brooklyn boys, you'll find your way .Have fun guys, dont cry to hard gramps." Tony winked driving away.

Steve looked around him and everything he saw gave him flashbacks.

I know this neighbourhood

I got beat up in that alley

And that parking lot

And behind that diner

Their old flat was hidden away from all the nice places that had balconies and sandstone furnishings, it was behind all of them hidden far away and if you wanted to go their you really had to be looking.The building was owned by Mrs Hilbrew, a widower back then ,her husband had died in the first world war. She was a crabby old lady that wanted the rent to be payed on time and that was that no exceptions. If you were late negotiation wouldn't save you,Buckys top priority was to pay the rent for their was no way they could survive on the streets,Espically Brooklyn cold numbing winters. They walked through the place with fond memories yet sad faces of the place that they once called home. Everything had changed.

Its 2014 now and they both stand their ninety-five and ninety-three and with so many snippets of memories rushing to their head including Steves knee and black eye when he was punched and buckys gentle hands patching him up in this very apartment. And all the jokes Bucky used tell and the stupid things he would say like 'get drunk', and this was the place where he was sick and stay in bed for countless winter days.

They walked through what was meant to be Mr walbies back garden and that led to a pathway to the building. The building still had the dull tingly feel to it. The building was once a plant nursery but Mrs hilbrew brought it after her husband died so she could have an income and didn't have to work.She made the plant liveable. This was the cheapest place they could find and even though anyday the roof could fall on their heads it was better than nothing.