Chapter 17

Bucky’s thrashing around in the covers and Steve senses what wrong. His metal arm is tangled in between the sheets and he is trying to find his way out. His kicking and yelling and hitting Steve all over and Steve is alerted and knows what’s going on. “Don’t put me in ice….please..No ice..Let me out of here.” his clawing and kicking at the air, his voice shrieking and making untamed animal noises. “ your cold aren’t you.” Steve says knowing Bucky didn’t hear a word. He gets out of bed and walks over to the window and shuts it. He understands now, the chamber they locked him away in. He must have been conscious enough to remember, the cold must of triggered memories. The claustrophobic space and his body trying to stay up but shutting down…

“It’s me buck. Its Steve.” Steve reassures him and Bucky bolts up from his position, making Steve  jump .His muscular chest heaving, he was trying to breathe too hard. “It’s okay, I’m here, and no one is putting you into ice.” Bucky lays back down reassured curling into a ball, his arms wrapped around him, still shaking, not from panic but the cold where his mind is still  the cold use to surround him when they locked him up.

Bucky stops fighting himself and steve lays back down with him putting a hand on his shoulder. Bucky tenses but relaxes while steve still talks. He can feel the large goosebumps spread across his buckys soft skin.Buckys hair covers his face and he rolls over to the side facing the other side opposite steve. Steve has got used to this because bucky hates to have his metal arm between them even though steve has excepted it. He kepts saying to steve that the arm was to harm people and he would never forgive himself if he ever hurt steve.

"Theres no ice...just me...your going to be okay" he resurred him again." Its going to be okay, its just cool, ive been in ice to before, and you know what helps? That we stay close and we help eahother stay warm, hows that sound?"Steve was so glad he wasnt the only one that had suffered the pain of the ice. But Buckys ice story was far worse than his own. It was hard to know that his best friend went through all that pain.After all they both went to war.

He doesnt get a reply because bucky is already asleep. Steve covers bucky with blankets hoping he wont get cold again and lies their with a thin sheet. He is just doing what bucky used to do for him when he was cold, so their was no petty there, just a return favor.

~

" i slept like a log last night." bucky declared after walking out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his bottom half. " did you now." steve smirked flipping over the eggs on the pan.

"what punk?" bucky asked

"You had a nightmare."

"Did i? Where you their, did you help me?"

"Of course i did, i would never leave you alone. Never."

"Thanks punk. i hate nightmares and im glad we don't face it alone." Bucky plastered a fake smile on his face and looked at Steve with wide eyes. Steve went and sat down on the table and started to settle down with his morning paper when his phone rang.

He walked up to the phone lying on the cabinet across the kitchen and it up to a happy smiling profile picture of Tony Stark.

"Its tony" Steve rolled his eyes and strolled outside on the balcony.

" Morning stark.'

" Hi capsicle, your jet is waiting for your departure, you have to come over first cause its parked here.'Its all loaded your all ready to go.'

" So soon?!Shit i almost forgot" steve yelled hoping bucky didn't hear

"Look you can come at about noon if you want to, ill just pay the guy more to wait for you guys"

"Thank you stark.This mean alot for both of us."

"yea yea, just hurry up though cause everyone is making their way over their about now, and I'm leaving as soon as you get here.Plus how could you forget? your the one that planned it alone." Stark complained

"Well sorry stark, their are alot of things in my mind right now,we will finish breakfast now and plus i need to make today feel like a normal day. Dont rush things."

"yea yea just hurry up, don't make for too long.You won't have any energy."

"TONY!!" Steve yelled clearly ticked off

"Sorry, couldn't help myself haha, alright see you in a bit."

"Right bye stark"

The call ended and Steve walked back inside hoping that bucky didn't hear anything.Bucky knew because of that grin on his face.

"So what was that all about.' bucky says giving him a glare, he didnt want to lie but in this case he had to.

" um.. Basically..stark said we can give his new plane for a spin, we should head off now so then their no traffic and-"

"why were you yelling then?" bucky asked clearly intrigued. Steve was still hoping he was satisfied with the answer before hans and didn't ask for any more questions

"he just said some things that didn't need to be said." steve said flatly

"yea like what?' bucky asked wanting a definite answer. " just don't worry, look we have to go, get changed and we better off."

Bucky was for sure going to ask tony.Bucky could read Steves face like a book. He knew all his facial expression. They have known each other since childhood after all. His seen it all.

 ~

"Argh finally you made it!" Tony cried "Its like been ages- anyway lets go!"

Steve and Bucky hoped on to the plane, they were given a saftey demo before hoping on. The piliot was called 'james' as well. But their was not going to be any confusion.Only steve was ever allowed to call him james.They were given their mouth pieces and head phones and got into the seat. The plane was a nice private jet and of course all expenses was payed by tony. Tony didn't want to disturb them and got his own plane.

" what did you say to steve before that made him yell?" Bucky asked pulling steve in

"so you didn t make out with gramps, what took you so long to get here then?' Tony smiled

"I see what you said." bucky laughed letting go of his arm

"Good that you catch on Barnes." Tony smiled and walked away to his private jet with an a waiting pepper on the steps with a glass of champagne.

"This is going to be so much fun." Steve said putting his seat belt on. Bucky got the signal to put his own on so he did himself. Bucky saw that Tonys plane had taken off and was confused about it all. Why would they be in  a private jet if they were only going to take 'it for a spin.' After all why wasnt tony in his own plane if it was his.He also wondered why steve had taken 2 gym bags with him, one of them was his. Steve was trying to make bucky get in the car first and hope that bucky didnt see the bags but obviously bucky did.

" Steve... Whats going on?"

Steve looked his way and smiled "Taking Tonys plane for a spin." he mutted

"Steve your a horrible lyer." Bucky smilied

Hey Guys!
Thank you so much for your recent comments and votes it means so much and im always so happy with them behind me to help with my writing. Mind the spelling :P THE NEXT WILL BE A HUGE SURPISE SO STAY TUNED!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 3.1K READS, honestly i didnt think i would of made it this far. THANK YOU SO MUCH♥♥♥♥

REMEMBER TO VOTE COMMENT AND FAN LOVELIES!

Thank you once again x
Nicole :)