Chapter 22 - Edited Once

Amazing cover made by @Crissy_Abby .Thank you so much.

Stella 

(Edited Once)

It had been weeks since I knew about the secret. Julian was a werewolf. I was his mate and future Luna.

Who could have known that my life would turn upside down by me finding the pack house? It was like what Julian's mom said, "We do live in a small world," but Julian has been acting weird lately. Every time I sit or even stand by his side, he gulps and averts any eye contact with me. 

Did I do something wrong?

I decided to ask him when he finished his shower. He said that cold morning showers relax him, and I agree with him. It made me feel refreshed whenever I took one, but I felt that he had a different reason for the cold water. I wonder what.

After Julian insisted that I should wait for him in his room, I laid my back on his king-sized, comfy bed listening to some music from my new phone. I was very grateful for everything. As I was daydreaming and humming with the beautiful song, I heard the bathroom door open. I looked up and saw a very handsome half-naked Julian, with only a towel around his waist and water droplets on his muscular chest. His hair was wet and he looked wow.

I did not know if saying beautiful to a man was appropriate, but he looked absolutely beautiful. Maybe it was the mate bond making me feel like that but I really did not care. I loved it. 

As I was admiring him, he cleared his throat while looking like a tomato. Unexpectedly, his cheeks were a deep shade of red, and I wanted to grin but refined from doing so. "S-sorry, I forgot m-my pants," he said as he grabbed his pants and dashed back to the bathroom. He closed it with so much force.

Okay, he is mad at me for sure.

I sat properly on his bed and crossed one leg over the other, and waited for more than five minutes. I was thinking of how I should start my speech, and how I can open the subject. He opened the door looking like the normal and usual Julian that I knew. "Hey," he said as he sat next to me. His hair was still wet from the shower, it covered his whole forehead and a bit of his eyebrows. He looked sexy.

"Hey." I looked at his honey eyes. They were so bright, brighter than usual.

I guess that's a werewolf thing. Right?

"So..." I trailed off to open the subject.

"So?" he asked while looking straight at me.

"I've been meaning to ask, but are you mad at me?" I asked then waited for his answer.

His eyes widened and started shaking his head left and right. "No! Absolutely not! Why would I be mad at you? What did I do to make you feel this way?" He arched his eyebrows and put his right hand on my left one.

"Well, you've been acting weird all week long. Whenever I'm with you, you gulp and avert eye contact with me. A couple of minutes before, you slammed the door with a lot of force. Did I do something to upset you?" I asked again, and this time I put my right hand on his cheek. I did not want to be the source of his sadness or anger.

He closed his eyes and sighed. "No Stella, I'd never be mad at you. You did nothing wrong. It's just..." he trailed off but stopped and gazed at the floor. He was thinking really hard about what to say next.

I rubbed his cheek gently. "It's just what? Tell me, Julian," I urged, encouraging him to speak.

"Well, it's about the mark, and I have to do it soon, but I can't," he explained but not clearly.

Mark?

"What's a mark? Why can't you do it?" I asked. His world was still unknown to me. I needed to ask more to learn about his lifestyle.

He looked pained but happy at the same time if that was even possible. "A mark is a bite that a werewolf does to let other male werewolves know that his mate is only his, and he was hers. In other words, he bites her to mark her. I have to mark you, Stella," he whispered the last part, but I heard him loud and clear.

My eyes widened in fear. "Mark me as in bite me? Bite me where?" 

What if it hurts?

He let go of my hand and placed it in the crook of my neck, he moved his finger along my neckline until he stopped at some point, and I shivered at his action. "Here," he answered seriously. "And if I don't do it, you'll be in heat soon," he added.

"Heat?"

"It's like periods, kind of. You'll feel like your body is burning, especially since you are human. It hurts, I've seen many female werewolves go through it and it was not easy at all. So will you let me mark you when you are ready?" he asked, and I thought about it. 

From what he was saying, heat hurts more than periods. And my period hurts.

"The mark, will it hurt?"

He nodded, and I loved his honesty. "Not as much as the heat. If you go through heat, you'll feel like you've gone through hell, while the bite will hurt you at the first ten seconds or so, then you'll feel... satisfied," he reasoned, and I put my hand on my neck as a reflex. 

"Can you give me time to think about it? Maybe I can talk with your mom or Skye, you know... I need a girl to talk to about this," I said, feeling the embarrassment radiating from my now-red cheeks.

"Sure, I can take you now if you want," he stood and grabbed his keys. "Let's go." With that, we headed to Nancy's home as he decided it was best since she experienced heat and the mark. His dad was in another pack, dealing with some business when she went into heat, and he had not marked her yet. She would know what was best for me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello♛

Please vote and comment ☆

Editing this book gives me a headache. My 17 years old mind is not the same as now (23).