Six.

Six.

The noise of the television combined with my thundering heart continues to overpower my frightened thoughts. I can't think, speak, or move by the time Rich enters the kitchen. All I can do is brace myself.

He strolls in with his hands behind his back and his eyes focused on the grround. There's no need to look for us because he already knew where we were to begin with. 

He's a few feet away from us, making this appear to be a standoff. His eyes stay connected to the floor while his lips release a forced laugh. Lifting his head up, we're both met with his malevolent glare. His look of ill intent makes my knees buckle. The entire room is quiet except for my light breathing and Jake's heavy panting.

"Betraying me this soon Livie?" He smirks cunningly.

My teary blue eyes meet his cold brown ones, making my throat close up. His presence is strong and so is his rage. His fists are balled while his jaw remains tight, trying to hold back fury that's ready to be unleashed any second.

"I...no." I shake my head while digging my nails into the hem of my dress. The way he smirks at me sends chills down my spine. And what's worse is that I'm not sure if he's teasing or serious. His unforgiving stare continues penetrating mine until I break from it. He steps forward so I step back. I've backed so far into the wall that I feel like I should have become part of it.

"You're going to give me the key to that god damn door, you got that?" Jake authoritates with the knife in a death grip. The way he holds it in front of him with hands as pale as a ghost leads me to believe that he's never held a knife before.

"Give me the knife. You don't have the balls to stab me." He antagonizes him.

"This is a bad idea..." I speak with fear filled eyes. If Rich is not showing any signs of fear then that means he has control over everything that's happening. Jake has no idea.

"Oh yeah?" He charges at him but soon ends up on the hard floor. In one swift movement Rich has lifted the teen's flailing body and slammed him into the ground. Jake is now squirming and cursing underneath Rich's black boot. 

"What was that Jake?"  Rich presses his boot into his neck, causing him to howl in discomfort. I watch in horror as Rich bends down and takes the large knife from Jake's sprawled hand. 

He is still trying to fight when Rich harshly digs it into his right side. I close my eyes when he cries out in pain. This is something no one should see.

"Don't play with toys you don't know how to fucking use!" He roars thunderously, making me flinch.

My eyes stay transfixed on the ominous scene between the two males. Rich pulls the knife out then jerks him up by his collar. I cover my mouth when he pushes Jake against the wall, forcing a strained growl to part from his lips. His head is drooping while he continues to bleed. I cringe from the sight of the crimson liquid seeping out of his wound and dripping onto the white tiled floor. 

"Go...to hell." He breathes out tiredly. His chest moves quickly while his body shakes convulsively. 

Rich presses the knife into Jake's wound and slices the rest in a downward motion. The boy's cry of agony fills my ears with a haunting sound; marching in my eardrums like a band and making me feel even more responsible for his pain. It's my fault he's here and now I'm not helping him; I'm just standing here watching him bleed. 

"You first." Rich retorts before pushing him into the table. 

I hear a loud crash when his back makes a violent impact into the table. His knees buckle, sending him falling down like a crumpled napkin.