Twenty Two.

Twenty Two.

He's lying. He has to be lying. This is just an excuse to keep me here. He doesn't want to let me go because he's afraid I'll go to the cops on his crazy ass. And once I do that he'll get sent to prison. He's already been before and he doesn't want to return. I have no idea what sent him there and I don't plan on asking.

All I know is that his cunning and manipulative nature has me feeling more uneasy than I was before. If that's even possible.

"Look, I know what you're thinking but trust me when I say that I feel something for you. Something you might not even be prepared for." He sighs heavily, making a point to rub the back of his neck. It's as if he's ashamed of himself. As if his anger towards me has just been sexual tension.

"Can you say somethin'?"

He's not in the recliner anymore. No, he's inching towards the bed. Towards me. 

"Why are you...why are you telling me this?" My voice falters while I try to keep bile from rising. This is all too much. I mean I've never been in an intimate relationship before. And now this man wants to confess his feelings for me? This soon to be seventeen year old girl who wants nothing to do with him. I can't even fathom what he wants to do with me. Or to me. It's just all too much.

Bringing my shaky knees to my chest, I stare at the clock that reads 11:47 p.m. before shifting my eyes to Rich's chin. I can't look at his pleading dark eyes. I won't.

"Livie," His voice lingers, making my name echo on his tongue. "I'm telling you this because I've decided that now is the perfect time." His eyes remain focused on me. With his strong jaw, thin lips, dark hair and eyes I can see why he'd have women swooning over him. He's attractive for an older guy, but he's meant for someone else. Someone just as old as he is.

"Perfect time? Perfect time for what?" I close my eyes to block the tears. I need to stop myself from breaking down. Maybe this is a joke. Maybe he's just playing some sick joke on me.

"What do you want for your birthday?"

My head snaps up at the sound of those unfamiliarly nice words. What is he doing? I just asked him a question and now he's avoiding it.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm answering your question. Now tell me what you want, birthday girl?" He smiles, making his eyes shimmer. The way his eyebrows raise indicate playfulness but I'm not falling into his trap. 

With compressed lips, I glare at him.

"I want to get the hell out of here and away from you!" I spit with venom.

I'm still on the bed, boiling with anger while he's standing on the other side of it, eyeing me hungrily.

"You know I can't do that. Now choose again." He shrugs his shoulders with a blase smirk. I notice him flex his biceps, making my cheeks flush. Why am I blushing? My hand goes to my cheek while worriation begins to settle.

I hear a small chuckle so I send another glare to him.

"Can't or won't?"

"I told you before that I'd have you crawling on your hands and knees like the obedient pet you're supposed to be. If you keep pushing my buttons I'll make sure of it." He speaks through gritted teeth, as if he's trying to be patient with me.

The mood has gone from bad to worse. Much, much worse. His threats are just as menacing as his stare. I hate him.

"Now, what do you want for your birthday? I'll grant you one wish." A smug smile creeps up on his lips as he places his hands in his jeans pockets. I notice his laid back attire. It's a fitted black tee with light denims that also fit perfectly. His tatts are showing, making him appear more badass than he already is.