Thirty Six: Held In Your Arms (Bonus Chap)

Thirty Six [Bonus Chapter]

**This is for those who wanted more. This could be an epilogue, alternative ending or bonus chap. Either way it goes there is more for you guys to read, I guess. If you were one of the few who enjoyed the open ending then you don't have to read this...But then again, it's a free country (don't quote me on this) so do whatever the hell you want. ;)**

Song: Lightweight by Demi Lovato

The leaves fall from the trees in scattered intervals as the wind blows around me. A few even fall on my lap, making me flinch slightly. I've been sensitive to light touches.

Once my heart rate steadies, I use my right hand to pick one up. It's the shape of a star and has crumpled brown edges. I observe it with a small smile because this is so familiar. A very familiar memory because the hues of yellow, orange and red remind of the time my brother and I piled leaves outside. That was the last time I played with him.

With my head bowed, I close my eyes. I can cry but I won't. Instead, I think of my mom, dad, and brother. I think of my friends, and I think of how much I've changed. I'm more courageous now.

While I'm quietly reminiscing I hear the crunch of leaves behind me. Someone is walking toward me but who? With my hand now free, I spin the wheelchair around. When I first arrived three months ago I couldn't walk, so now I go to physical  therapy to help me recover.

"Ready to go back?" The boy in front of me raises his brows. His ruffled dark hair makes his green eyes appear more intriguing. More inviting, even.

Not really.

"Um, what time is it?" I ask while rubbing my casted arm. Believe it or not, my arm suffered more tearing than my neck and abdomen. It really is a miracle I survived. If not for the help of Jake and Jack, I'd be dead. They brought the police to me.

"It's three." He places his hands in his pockets while I frown.

That number carries so much weight. Three is a significant number. Three is the number of times the knife punctured my flesh;after stabbing me in my abdomen, he pushed me down. I held my bleeding stomach with my right hand while trying to fend him off with my left arm. I remember him ranting about how much he loved me and because of that he was going to make sure I died in his arms. 

I shiver from the vivid memory of my throat rattling scream when the blade slashed into my left arm. Once he did that, it fell to my side and I was in so much pain that I could barely lift it up. He saw the frightened look on my face which made him close his eyes before violently slicing my throat. At the time, I was ready to die but I wasn't expecting him to be so vicious. I was not expecting him to make me suffer. And the more tears rolled down my cheeks the more he felt compelled to wipe them away with his blood stained fingers. I wasn't expecting him to lift me up and hold me closer to him. I was not expecting to hear the muffled cries that escaped him while I literally choked on my own blood.

Three. Three is significant because it is the number of words he said to me while rocking me in his arms. 

"I love you."His domineering voice was cold as ice. No warmth lingered on his tongue. 

And as I stayed pressed to him, shaking and gurgling, I couldn't help but be forced to listen to his lies. I couldn't pull away or even talk back. I couldn't escape him because he wanted me to bleed to death in his arms.

"I did it because I love you, Olivia." 

I couldn't focus on the pain, or the fact that Jake hadn't arrived yet. No, I couldn't focus on anything else because I just wanted out. I just wanted to die.