Twenty Five

Twenty Five.

**This chapter contains violent sexual content. Read at your own discretion. **

After breakfast we headed upstairs to start forming a logical, secure plan. I have no idea what he's thinking but I do know that if we can get outside then we have a better chance at being found.

"Thanks again for, you know." He says gratefully.

"It's better in your stomach than in the toilet." I smile weakly, still feeling a bit sick. I ended up sharing my food with him because my stomach couldn't keep it down.

"Are you sure you're four months and not two or three? I mean morning sickness would have passed by now." He says it in a manner that suggests he has been through this before.

With sad eyes, I bring my head down. I don't know how far along I am. All I know is that I haven't had my monthly in four months. I vomit throughout the entire day, and my tummy is firmer. It's a small bump that only I seem to notice. I started noticing a month ago, in April so I came to the conclusion that I must have conceived some time in January.

"Did you take a pregnancy test?"

We're at the top of the stairs, the same place it happened.

Shaking my head, I chew on my lip nervously. There aren't any pregnancy tests because I'm not supposed to get pregnant. He only buys me tampons for my period and razors to shave with. Plus, if I do manage to miraculously find one and take it then how will I hide it from Rich? I'm afraid of what he'll do.

"Then how do you know you're carrying his spawn?" 

My eyes remain focused on his pursed lips. They're closed so tightly that they are to the point of restraint. It takes a minute to process what he's saying before I say,

"I can feel it, that's how."

His features soften once he sees me staring at my stomach. My hands blanket over the small bulge protectively.

Sighing heavily, he pulls me into a sudden hug. My shocked body stiffens before realizing that he isn't Rich, and he won't hurt me. I inhale a shaky breath, making sure to calm my racing heart. I haven't been hugged like this in a while.

He notices my reluctance but instead of pulling away  he just holds me tighter, allowing me to latch onto the back his tee shirt.

"When we break out of here we're getting you to a doctor."

My sticky tears, along with my hands, cling to his shirt. I begin to sniffle once I realize I was crying. I can't cry because Rich says it's weak.

"I'm fine, okay?"

He sighs in agitation. If I could see his mesmerizing face I bet it would be contorted into a disapointed frown. He seems more bothered by this than I am. Is it bad that sometimes I don't feel anything at all for this baby? 

He pulls away, making me wish he'd pull me in again. His arms are now secured on my hips while mine remain over his nape. I was hugging him back.

"Normally, I'd argue with you but I'll just let you keep thinking you're fine. I don't need a mentally weak Olive running with me when we break out of here. You're already a danger when you're in your right mind." He grins jokingly, making me want to pull him in for a kiss.

But, the longer I gaped at him, the more I was able to notice something else. Behind his teasing smirk was something deeper. The first thing I noticed was his tone.

He was trying to cover the burdening concern in his voice with small playfulness. The second thing I noticed was the frown that soon took up residence on his face.