The Opening Ceremony

"Eishi-kun. Rin-chan." Sakura whispered sorrowfully. It had been years since she had seen them. She sighed and stared at her case full of cooking awards.

Being a former first seat wasn't easy. Always being stalked by nosy journalists and whatnot. Heck, she couldn't even go outside in the garden of her mansion without being flocked by a plethora of people.

Sakura felt her eyelids droop and her long lashes fluttered before she closed her eyes and dozed off. A few moments later, her phone rang loudly. "Crap, gotta take this one..." she grumbled to herself.

"Perfect timing, Dad. I was just about to fall asleep when you just HAVE to call me." she noted sarcastically.

"Hey!" her father yelled in protest. "We haven't seen each other for months and all you say is, 'Perfect timing, Dad.'" He clicked his tongue in mock-upset. "Honestly, my dear Kura-chan, haven't I raised you to be more like a mannerly lady?"

Sakura rolled her eyes. She could just imagine her father giving one of his goofy grins to his wife. "Whatever you say, Dad... Nee, is Mom there?" She probably was.

"Funny you ask, really. Kono-chan does have to have a word to say." Ironically, her father sounded very serious. "Here she is...." The sound of a phone being switched to another person filled Sakura's ears.

"Kura-chan, how are you?" her mother asked. "I'm fine, Mom. Um...Dad said you had something to say....?" she suddenly felt very nervous.

Kakono's voice turned exceptionally serious. "Otosan called and-"

Sakura's stress levels upped drastically. "Ojiisan called?! What does he want?!"

She could hear Kakono grumbling something in the background. "Honestly, Kura-chan! What have I told you about interrupting people? Anyways, he wants you back at the academy to teach the 92nd Generation."

Sakura's aquamarine eyes widened to the size of saucers. "Ojiisan wants me to teach the 92nd Generation?! What the hell?! I can't teach!" She could hear her father's chuckling crackling the sound.

Kakono growled menacingly. "Language, young lady! But yes, he does. Totsuki expects you tomorrow. Oh! One more thing, I'll just say that Tsukasa-kun and Kobayashi-chan are the first and second seats there. Now if you'll excuse your father and I, we really must get going. Send our love to Otosan. Love you, Kura-chan."

Sakura nodded. "B-bye, Mom, Dad." She sank to her knees. What was her grandfather thinking? Eishi-kun and Rin-chan were in the Elite Ten? Already? Of course, she knew that her cousins Nakiri Alice and Erina were already attending and that Erina was already the tenth seat but...seriously!

Sakura sighed. "Well it's best to start packing now." she mumbled. "Ojiisan will be expecting me."

_________________________________

Panting hard, Sakura ran as fast as her legs could carry her. She was late to her meeting with Nakiri Senzaemon. "Stupid legs," she muttered angrily. "I need to get there," she checked her silver wrist watch. "NOW!!"

A minute later, she found herself opening the door to her grandfather's private study, trying her best to catch her breath.

"Morning, Ojiisan. You called?"

Nakiri Senzaemon chest rumbled with a deep and raspy laugh of pleasure. "Kura-chan, you're here. I've been expecting you. I believe Kono-chan told you about the following events?"