Expulsion? I Don't Think So

The next day, Sakura's lessons passed by in a flash. She kept close tabs on Soma and Tadokoro's schedule as they were both very interesting students. Soma had a history (he had yet to learn about) and was extremely unique and flexible. While Tadokoro was a chef who would shine if she wasn't so nervous.

The pair's next class would be with Shinomiya Kojiro. Sakura smirked. This would be enthralling. But in the back of her head, she knew that she was a little bit worried.

Shinomiya was stagnating. He didn't know that, yet; and even if he did, he wouldn't admit it. Sakura had known this for a while, ever since he had been awarded with the very exclusive Pluspol award.

When she got to Shinomiya's training site, she raised an eyebrow. Students were already shoving each other to get ingredients. But the first thing Sakura noticed, was that Soma and Tadokoro weren't partnered up. In fact, everybody was working solo. Nobody seemed to have noticed her as she set foot into the classroom, which was a first. They were too busy to have noticed.

Sakura walked over to Shinomiya. "Kojiro, what are you having them do?" she asked curtly. Perhaps she sounded a bit too rude as Kojiro's frown deepened.

"I'm having them work solo to create a terrine of nine vegetables." he answered, sounding very curt as well, as if he were in a rush and Sakura had disturbed him.

"Magician of Legumes." Sakura scoffed quietly, but Kojiro didn't answer so he must not have heard her. "Is that all?" she asked instead. Knowing Kojiro, he probably put a twist into the rules that Sakura would be against.

"I told them that they weren't allowed to help each other in any way. If they make a mistake in my recette, then they are to face immediate expulsion." he smirked. "I even rigged the ingredients. Some of them aren't ripe, some overripe. It's too weed out those who aren't needed."

Sakura was shocked. She didn't know Kojiro would think of this. "You mean to expel those who aren't fast enough and were pushed past by students?" she hissed. Immediately, Sakura pictured Tadokoro's shaken face as she was pushed through the rushing mob of angry students.

"It is what it is. And don't you have to teach your own class?" Kojiro asked, shifting his glasses up on his nose.

"They're all done for the day. I got a different schedule so they work at different times." Sakura answered, no longer arguing with him. She would confront him later. Well...as long as there wouldn't be any unjust expulsions.

But in the back of her mind, Sakura already knew what would happen.

* * * * *

On shaky legs, the blue haired girl stepped up. "Tadokoro Megumi, sir." she said with as much confidence she could muster.

Shinomiya Kojiro merely glanced at the girl and her plate of food, that was threatening to fall off of her shaky legs. Sakura stood behind him, eying Tadokoro's dish observantly. Then, Kojiro took the plate from her shaking hands carelessly, and he took a bite.

He swallowed.

Time seemed to stop. Sakura knew what would happen. She had watched from afar, Tadokoro tweaking with the oxidization of the cauliflower with red wine. It was a good way to be flexible, rather clever. But Sakura knew the sad truth: Kojiro wouldn't accept it.

Soma, who was standing near one of the cooking stations, held his breath.

"Tadokoro Megumi," the arrogant chef said indifferently. "Fired." he pointed towards the exit.

Before Soma got a chance to do anything, Sakura already jumped out. "No! I won't allow it, you raving mad dunce of a beanstalk!" the mood was too heavy for anybody to laugh.

Kojiro ignored her and Tadokoro began to protest quietly. "B-But I've-"

"You used red wine in this dish, didn't you?" he asked. "Out." he pointed to the door again. "Those who change the recette are not needed." Kojiro smirked maniacally.

Again, Sakura put herself against this. She nicked the plate and spoon from Kojiro's lap and ate a bite. She didn't care if it was an indirect kiss, though Kojiro's eyes widened to the size of tea saucers. Even Tadokoro and Soma gasped. "This is amazing, Tadokoro. Marvelous. To use red wine to fix an oxidization problem is a rather clever idea." she reeled on Kojiro, her eyes blazing. "I don't see why she has to follow your recette, Kojiro. You sound like Azami." she spat.

Kojiro flinched but retaliated with just as much venom. "I do not sound like Azami. This girl-"

"Tadokoro Megumi." Sakura corrected swiftly.

He waved his hand dismissively and continued. "Tadokoro must learn to learn to follow exactly what the recette tells her to do."

Finally, Soma stepped up. "Shinomiya-sensei?" he inquired.

"What?" the addressed man barked.

"As the instructor of this session and the provider of these ingredients, wouldn't it be your fault some of them are defective?" Soma's eyes had some sort of inspired fire to them. Out of the corner of his eyes, he could see Sakura giving him a thumbs up and a brief smile.

Kojiro's nostrils flared dangerously. "Of course not!" he yelled. "I put them there on purpose! It was to weed out the students that were not needed!" he threw up his hands into the air.

Sakura couldn't help but laugh. She threw back her head and laughed. "That is...." she gasped for air and regained her posture. "That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Totsuki is a place where fledgling chefs can expand their knowledge, hone their skills. Its purpose is to breed the most preeminent chefs. You, however, you dunce of a beanstalk," a vein popped on Kojiro's forehead. "Are choosing to cut off this cycle by providing the students with defective ingredients! Did you see how they all rushed to the ingredients table? Yelling and shoving each other, did you see any of that? Tadokoro was left behind. She was being polite. And you blame her for that?" Sakura shook her head. "This is too sad."

Kojiro stayed silent. But Soma stepped up. "I'm guessing the rules apply to Totsuki alumni too, right?" Sakura grinned. She knew where this was going.

On the other hand, Kojiro could hardly comprehend what Soma was saying. "Huh-?"

"Shokugeki." Sakura and Soma said in unison.

__________________________________________________________

A.N: So this chapter was pretty short. I tried to update quickly as I will be a bit busier later on in the week. Please comment, vote, follow, anything to show you appreciate this. It makes me really happy knowing that people are enjoying this. Thank you! :)

Word Count: 1,125 words

Ja nee~

-Lady Catherine Griffin of Somewhere Over the Rainbow