She's Screwed Isn't She?

His messy pompadour blew with the breeze as he leaned on the window sill.  Unfolding the scrap of paper in his hand, he read it once more.

     Ayo, Etsu-chan!! ^3^~~ It's me, your superior, Nakiri Sakura.  I'm just spending some of my precious time to tell you that I know of your plans with Mozuya.  You've already won enough awards.  But...I think that the award might belong to someone else this year.  Hopefully anticipation awaits you~

     The greenette began to have a glare-off with his phone--which was sitting on his desk--but promptly stopped, sighing and tossing the note into the trash can.  "That call from Nakamozu earlier," he muttered to himself.  "I have a feeling that 'brat' was Nakiri and her...'posse.'

     "This just proves to me that Nakamozu Kinu can't do her job properly..."

     ______________________

     For the next two days, Sakura forced her jealousy to the farthest corner in her mind.  Sumire's karaage was gaining more customers day by day, and she could tell that Kurase, Nikumi and Souma were extremely proud of themselves.  They had technically just overthrown the ninth seat of the Elite Ten; though she doubted that they knew he was Mozuya's supplier. 

     The memory of Nakamozu Kinu finally admitting her defeat was probably the best.  She had finally stepped down from her high horse.  Though, this left Sakura wondering: was she going to continue her business with karaage?  She seemed pretty dejected after her loss. 

     (Sakura secretly hoped that she continued her business with karaage.)

     She walked out of the bathroom to see Souma looking very serious.  He was leaning against the wall, his face turned down, staring at the floor (though Sakura had no idea whether or not his eyes were even open; bangs cover everything...).  "Ay, you okay there?"

     Souma snapped up.  "Huh!  Oh, yeah...It's just that...I couldn't sleep at all last night." he remarked softly.  "I'm not sure about what our sleeping arrangements will be tonight.  I don't have any sleeping bags or anything to ease some of this insane back pain..."

     Sakura saw Souma stealing glances at the bed before darting his eyes back to her.  She had an idea as to where this was going.  "Hey, Souma-kun...if you want to sleep on the bed, that's fine."

     "But what about you?" he looked at her worriedly.  "As a gentleman, I couldn't let you sleep on the floor!"

     She laughed.  "Oh, that's not what I meant.  I'm sorry for making this sound so weird.  But...we could sleep on t-the same b-bed...?"

     Souma's mouth fell open.  "Are you serious?" 

     "Yeah, unfortunately I am." Sakura laughed loudly, throwing her head back.  "I insist, Souma-kun.  None of us deserve to sleep on the floor.  Now hurry up and grab your pillows and stuff, I'm really tired!" she yawned to prove her point. 

     He did as he was told before gently setting himself on his side of the bed.  "Damn, this bed was definitely not designed for two people."

     Sakura giggled softly in reply.  "You can say that again." she shifted in the blankets once more before adding in a soft whisper, "Be careful, I'm a sleepy cuddler..."

     Souma chuckled lowly.  "It's okay, I am too."

     But by Sakura's slow, soft breathing, he could that she hadn't heard him.  She was asleep. 

     __________________________

     Souma couldn't breathe.  He had woken up earlier than usual because of the goddess-like presence snuggling in next to him.  Sakura's head was buried in his broad chest, her legs entangled with his.  Souma's arm was wrapped around her waist and his face was hidden in the crook of her neck, so it was impossible for anybody to tell whether or not he was asleep just by looking at him. 

     He could feel Sakura stir, muttering some incoherent words as she rolled around, facing away from Souma's chest.  He chuckled softly.  Cute.  The silver beauty in his arms sleepily grabbed his other arm, which was supporting her from beneath and intertwined his fingers with her own. 

     She was still asleep. 

     Souma could feel a blush crawling on his face.  A puff of a breath escaped Sakura's soft lips.  I...I want to kiss her... he thought to himself. 

     Souma took his hand from her waist and traced her bottom lip, watching it smoothen out under his touch.  He didn't want to take advantage of her in her unconscious state, so he settled for a soft peck on the forehead instead.  He could feel the heat rising up his neck, so he quickly hid his face in the crook of Sakura's neck once again. 

     A little while later, Souma had almost completely dozed away.  But was quickly shaken awake when he felt the girl in his arms begin to stir.  Sakura squirmed a bit before slowly opening her eyes. 

     As weird as it may sound, it seemed like an ethereal moment to Souma. 

     "S-Souma-kun?" she asked in a sleepy voice. 

     God, she's so cute... one voice in the red head's brain voiced out. 

     H-huh, why are you saying things like that?  Shut up!!

     Eh?  But you've already confirmed your feelings for Kura-chan...

     Still, shut up!! 

     "Aish, I warned you that I'm a cuddler; I never knew it was the other way around." Sakura tutted, proceeding to hop out of bed.  "Ay, it's so cold..." she stumbled to the bathroom before promptly closing the door behind her. 

     As soon as she shut the door, Souma kicked off the blankets, staring up at the ceiling as if it was the most fascinating thing in the entire universe.  But this philosophical act only lasted for a few seconds, as he quickly turned around, inhaling the scent of the pillow that Sakura had slept on. 

     Ah, it smells good.  Just like Kura-chan!  the first voice stated dreamily. 

    Oi!  What did I tell you?  Shut up!! 

     After a few seconds, Souma realized what he was doing and dropped the pillow to his side.  He stared at the ceiling once more. 

     "What the hell is wrong with me?" 

     Little did her know, his beloved Sakura on the otherside of the wall was thinking the same thing. 

     "What the hell is wrong with me?" she asked her reflection. 

     ________________________

     Later that evening, as they were walking home, Sakura stared at the ground the entire time. 

     She didn't realize that Souma was doing the same thing. 

     She didn't pay attention to when Fumio let them in. 

     Nor did she pay attention when Isshiki welcomed them back to the Polar Star Dorm. 

     Instead, she locked herself inside her room and flung open the windows; relieved when the cool air hit her face.  "It's time to be real with myself." she whispered. 

     I ain't going to pull of that 'what is this feeling?' shit that you see in shoujo mangas.  she told herself internally.  I think I like Souma-kun. 

A.N: Okay!  Now Sakura and Souma have finally started to realize their feelings for each other.  Now here comes the awkwardness!! (YAY~) Vote and/or comment if you enjoyed this, thank you!!

Word Count: 1,170 words

Ja nee~

~B.J. (yo author)