It's Time for a Spot of Tea with the Aldini's

"Shit," was Sakura's first thought to her big revelation to herself.  Her second thought was: I guess this is proof of me being a fucked-up person. 

      She inhaled and exhaled. 

      "This is wrong." she paced around her room--lost in her thoughts--until she accidentally lost her footing and fell to the floor rear-end first. 

     Sakura's first suggestion to herself was to call her mom, who was an expert when it came to these dilly-dallying crushes. 

      But then she remembered that she had never talked to her mother about this.  Knowing Kakono, she would probably freak out about it and broadcast the news to the entire world.  However, Sakura didn't have to specify who it was...right?

     So our silver haired genius quickly fabricated a highly convincing anecdote before dialing her mom's number. 

     Since she rarely ever called her parents, so her mom was very eager to pick up as soon Sakura had pressed the green "call" button. 

     "Kura-chan!!" her mom squealed into the phone on the other line. 

     Sakura couldn't stop herself from smiling; her mom's excitement was infectious.  "Hey, mom.  How are you?" 

     "Just peachy, dear.  But let's talk about you." Kakono paused for a moment before continuing her speech.  "How have you been?  I hope you're eating well...Is the teaching okay?  Do you need a haircut?  Have you met any cool people yet?"

     The girl giggled quietly to herself.  "Slow down, mom.  I've been well these days.  I usually cook for myself, but my friends at Polar Star do a good job at surprising me with their new recipes.  Teaching has been easy as well and I'm planning on stopping by home over the weekend to get a haircut.  As for meeting new people...I may or may not have met special someone a few weeks ago...."

     Kakono fell silent and Sakura was starting to become genuinely worried about her mother's reaction to the news.  "Y-you haven't fallen for one of your students, have you?" the tremor in Kakono's voice conveyed that she was evidently worried. 

     Sakura's eyes widened.  Her mother was spot on, but she couldn't let her know that.  "N-no!  Of course not, mom...that's absolutely absurd.  Quite funny actually." she added as an afterthought as she laughed shakily.  "Anyways, I met him at this café and we instantly became friends.  But then, I realized that I was starting to feel something for him.  He's a really nice and funny person, with a good sense of style when it comes to food too!" Sakura sighed dreamily.  "He's perfect." 

     "Just asking, but how old is he?"

     She fell silent.  "He's 17," she answered after hesitating a moment.  "I'm pretty sure he's told me that." Sakura could feel her mom smile at the other end of the line. 

     "This is perfect, Kura-chan!" she cheered.  "Now we just need to make sure he falls for your charms!" 

     ____________________

     The next day, Sakura woke up early enough to bake enough cups of Panna Cotta for everybody she wanted to visit that day.  She had remembered that mental note to self to bring some Panna Cotta to share with the Aldini twins and she had not forgotten (Yay~)!! 

     After throwing on a pair of jeans and a banana milk sweater, Sakura grabbed the tray of Panna Cotta and headed out the door.  She sighed, looking out at the vast road before her.  "I have  shit ton of walking to do." she muttered pessimistically.