Shokugeki in the Basement

Sakura breathed in and out. It was time for the Shokugeki. She walked down the hall, holding her head high and looking straight ahead. Avoiding the stares and curious glances from the other students, Sakura rounded a corner and descended the stairs to the basement.

"I'm here," she announced quietly. Though she may have looked stony faced and indifferent on the outside, Sakura was actually very nervous on the inside.

Soma was willing to give up his entire learning at Totsuki just to save a girl he was rather fond of. Though Sakura though it was rather far-fetched, she'd admit it was something Soma would do.

But of course she was worried. If Kojiro won the Shokugeki (which was very likely), then Soma and Tadokoro would be expelled. If Soma won the Shokugeki (which was very unlikely), than Kojiro would have to let go of Tadokoro's expulsion.

Furthermore, if Soma was to be expelled, then 75% of Sakura's current teaching amusement would be gone. Yes, Soma's cooking (whether or not it was with Tadokoro) was worth 75% of Sakura's teaching amusement at Totsuki.

It was a very interesting and nerve-wracking thing to think about.

"Kura-chan?" Inui asked with a look of concern as she waved her hand in front of Sakura's face. "Kura-chan, are you alright?"

Sakura blinked. "Oh, right. I'm fine, Inui. I was just....thinking about....things."

Inui narrowed her eyes slightly in suspicion at her rather stammered reply. Rather reluctantly, she left her alone.

Sakura exhaled in slight relief. She looked around the basement and saw the line of judges on one side of the room (this included Dojima Gin as well), Kojiro on the other. Joining the line of judges, she, along with everybody else in the room, waited for Soma.

Everybody seemed to hold their breath as somebody opened the door. Tadokoro stumbled in nervously first with Soma walking in casually behind her.

"You're late," Kojiro chastised in a harsh voice. If Soma hadn't challenged him to a Shokugeki like this, than he would've been nicer. But, seeing as those were the current circumstances, then Kojiro was being a very rude and mean person.

Soma just shrugged. "We got into a little traffic jam at the end of the hall."

The coral haired chef rolled his eyes before pushing his rectangular glasses up his nose.

Dojima stood up. "Shinomiya Kojiro, Yukihira Soma and Tadokoro Megumi, stand up, please."

The red head was already standing up but he walked closer to Dojima. Kojiro, however, grumbled something incoherent under his breath before he, too, stood up and faced Soma.

"If Tadokoro and Yukihira win this Shokugeki," (Kojiro snorted boorishly at this statement) "Then Tadokoro's expulsion will be lifted. However, if Shinomiya wins, then both Tadokoro and Yukihira will be expelled." Dojima paused and looked at all three of them. "Do you all understand this."

All three of them nodded their heads silently.

"Good. Now, as this was Tadokoro's original expulsion, she will be the head chef." Dojima announced.

Kojiro sneered at him as Soma's eyes widened. "What?! But I-I issued this Shokugeki! It was my idea!"

Dojima sighed. "I'm sorry, Yukihira. But this was Tadokoro's expulsion, therefore you are only the sous chef."

Soma looked like he wanted to protest some more, but he stopped, knowing he wouldn't get anywhere and that he was only wasting more of their Shokugeki time.