Leaving For the Camp of Hell

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!" Fumio screeched as soon as she saw what was going on in front of her.  Soma and Sakura were both holding their plates and were about to eat the other's food but Fumio had interrupted them.  It was 5:30 a.m. 

Sakura merely smiled.  "G'morning, Obachan.  What'll it be, a piece out of my Portobello Souffle or Soma-kun's Yukihira-Styled Omelette?" 

Fumio shook her head.  "That's not my point! And don't call me Obachan!  But-" she suddenly became distracted by the sweet aroma of egg that wafted into the kitchen.  "Soma, did you challenge Kura-chan to a cook-off?"

"Um...yeah.  But she said no."

Fumio cackled. 

"But can you taste our dishes?  I made enough so you and Kura-chan can share." 

Fumio raised a grayed eyebrow.  "So, this is just me judging it, no cook-off and Kura-chan agrees, correct?" 

Soma scratched his head.  "Well, I dunno....Kura-chan?" 

Sakura nodded her head.  "I'm fine either way.  Cook-offs are okay with me but I don't cook in Shokugeki's anymore." 

Soma grinned.  "Well I guess that's settles it." he served Fumio and Sakura his Yukihira-Styled Omelette.  "Dig in!" 

They both took a spoon out of his omelette.  (Cue the impossible physical reactions.)  "This tomato sauce,"  Sakura started.  "You put parsley and minced avocado, didn't you?"  

Soma nodded.  "I'm impressed you were able to find it, Kura-chan.  But I guess being a Nakiri has its benefits, huh?"  Darker thoughts overcame Sakura but she swallowed them back and just smiled. 

After Fumio described his dish perfectly, it was Sakura's turn.  "Bon appetit, Madam, Monsieur."  she served her souffle. 

"Before you taste her dish," Fumio said to Soma.  "Remember to savor the dish and observe the texture and aftertastes.  Kura-chan is perfect when it comes to cooking in details!" 

"Aww...Obachan, you're ruining my surprise.  But, that being said, Soma-kun, do pay attention to the details in my souffle." 

Soma nodded and then they both took a bite out of her souffle.  "Amazing!" Fumio exclaimed.  "Oh, Kura-chan.  You never fail to surprise me." 

Sakura smirked when she saw Soma's reaction.  "What a fluffy texture," he noted quietly.  "And there's this small aftertaste that adds to the texture.  What is it...?"  His eyes suddenly widened as realization dawned onto him.  "Of course!" he slammed his hand on the table which caused Fumio to scream in shock and scold him.  "This flavor and texture...it's an omelette inside of a souffle!" 

Sakura continued smirking and nodded her head smugly. 

Fumio took another bite out of her souffle.  "Mmm...I can see how you did it now.  You sauteed portobello mushrooms and then fried the omelette inside the remaining juices.  Mincing the mushrooms and omelette, you added it into the unfinished meringue.  That's how you did it, right?" 

Sakura nodded.  "May I have some thoughts on the strawberry sauce?" 

Soma eyed it curiously.  "I'm actually quite curious as to why you'd put it there."  he said after he tried it. 

Sakura smiled.  "It's all in the details, Soma-kun.  Without the strawberry sauce, this souffle wouldn't be sweet.  It may be small but it leaves a big imprint on the whole thing."