A Long Day

Sakura watched in peculiar amusement as Soma punched the wall. Some dirt crumbled off. Soma had just dismissed Tadokoro from him, telling her to go catch up with their Polar Star Dorm mates.

Sakura sighed. Often times she wished she could have lived the long period of struggle that most chefs had to endure before being recognized as a culinary genius. Because she was born famous (courtesy of her parents and her Nakiri lineage), she got a head start on the cooking and so on.

However, if she hadn't been born into the Nakiri family, Sakura would have gone through what Soma was going through. Not that it was necessarily a bad thing. Through that period of time, she would have learned from many different mistakes. If only she weren't a Nakiri...

Miraculously, the Shokugeki had ended in a tie. This had happened when Dojima Gin had sent down his vote, not as a judge, but as a spectator. Kojiro was then stripped of his facade of moving on, when he was really stagnating. In summary, it was something that Sakura would remember her entire life. Well, until she became a senile granny.

_____________________________________

The next few days of camp passed by in a flash. Soon, it was the day before they were leaving; the students of Totsuki were preparing for their final task. The night prior, Dojima Gin explained how they had two hours to cook a breakfast meal and entice customers through the form of a buffet.

So far, some students thought they were doing a fairly good job, forgetting that this was a buffet; in which the customers would grab their food whenever they wanted to. Unfortunately, Yukihira Soma fell into this category. Through the camera displayed on the big screen, Sakura watched uneasily as he continued cooking his souffle (she was pretty sure it was inspired from their cook-off) and people walked by, without batting an eyelash.

"He's going to have to intrigue his customers somehow, and fast." she thought out loud.

"Who?" Dojima asked, confused and curious.

"Oh! Sorry, I was thinking out loud. But Yukihira Soma. He seems to be forgetting that this is a buffet."

Dojima's eyebrows furrowed. It's that name again, he thought to himself. Yukihira Soma seems to be popping up everywhere for me.

Moving on, Sakura found it quite amusing how Erina was placed right next to Soma. Erina was quite miffed by that. But from what Sakura could tell, Erina found this as the perfect opportunity for Soma to have a taste of her cooking skill compared to his.

While Erina's skill was far superior than Soma's, Sakura thought this competition to be nothing but a load of bullshit.

Obviously, if Soma were even aware that his father were someone as great as a former second seat, then maybe the world would know as well. However, Erina was super famous for being a Nakiri and being the wielder of the God's Tongue. Not to mention, the Elite Ten was at her disposal.

"You must be rather interested in Yukihira Soma." somebody said, breaking Sakura out of her busy thoughts.

"Who-what-where-how? Oh, yes. I am rather interested in his background and foreground. D'ya know what I mean? On a natural circumstance, I would tell you, Dojima-san. But I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise." Sakura winked and laughed casually.

The head of Totsuki Resort was rather confused. All he had comprehended was that Nakiri Sakura was interested in Yukihira Soma (in the teacher-student way, of course) and that there was some sort of surprise. Well, he thought to himself again. I'll probably find out later.