[ 5 ]

Jungkook

The feast was over but the night was still very much alive with the folks dancing with their partners, avidity emanating from them. I only watched them until Yoongi came up to me.

I took up his offer to dance along with his friends but that soon proved to be a mistake when I felt my stomach aching from all the food I ate and stopped dancing abruptly.

I clutched my tummy and ran off to the side waving off Yoongi's confused expression. Out of nowhere, Taehyung came and stood next to me without looking at me.

I would've been surprised at his sudden appearance but too many things have astounded me today in such a short time that I opted to turn a blind eye on it.

"Ate too much?" He chortled as he looked at his folk waltzing. I hummed as a response and rubbed my stomach until the pain gradually disappeared.

"I had a wonderful time here Taehyung, thank you" I carefully said the words I rehearsed in my mind for I wanted to avoid making a fool out of myself in front of him.

I did not look at him though, not looking to risk ruining my plan of not embarrassing myself. "No worries Jungkook, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself" he said with a smile.

Home slipped into my mind and my heart dropped at the thought of the hours I've been here. I turned towards Taehyung, "Hey uh prince?" He looked at me sweetly with a brow slightly raised.

"I really gotta get home now" I said not bothering to mask my worry. "Sure hun" his replied so short and vague that I found myself dumbfounded by it.

"Oh do I just go...?" I asked, turning my body randomly not knowing where to go. My worry dissolved when I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders.

---

As Taehyung put his hands on Jungkook's shoulders, he leaned down, looking deeply into Jungkook's brown eyes.

Jungkook, who was caught off guard by it, looked back. As much as he wanted to increase the distance between them, he couldn't and stayed rooted to his spot instead.

Before anything else could happen, he blinked and found himself right outside his huge house. Jungkook looked around to see that there were no more fairies whirling around him.

To add to the strangeness of it all, he noticed that the sun was just setting as if no time had passed at all while he was gone.

He heard the front door creak to see Jo, a sweet old maid who treated Jungkook and his brothers just like her own children. She came out looking aflutter while looking around the house for Jungkook.

---

Jungkook

Immediately when Jo saw me, she dashed towards me and hit the back of my thighs and pointed her finger at me. "Ya asshole where you been? What did I tell you about wandering around during the evening huh?"

I winced in pain as I rubbed where she hit me, "I know I know but I met creatures Jo, I think they were magical" I sighed contentedly as I remembered what happened.

"Trying to change the subject young man? Try again" she waved me off, attempting to push me into the house with all her might while I stood there not having to even use strength to stand my ground.

I docilely pushed down her hands, "But Jo... I really saw them" I shamelessly stomped my feet on the grass like a small child trying to validate that I was serious.

"Fine then just please go inside and clean yourself, we can talk about this during dinner" she put her hands up, surrendering.

I leapt in excitement and quickly entered the house with Jo trailing behind me as she shook her head at my lack of maturity.