[ 19 ]

For the next five days, Jungkook attended school like he normally would and purposely busied himself by doing his schoolwork as well as assisting Jo around the house with daily chores in order to keep Taehyung off his mind. He dreaded seeing Taehyung again yet he was very much looking forward to it, this was one of Jungkook's feelings he could never describe in words but felt strangely familiar with.

Jungkook dreaded seeing the prince because he finally realised that Taehyung wasn't as open as he presented himself to be. It made Jungkook feel betrayed in a way as he thought that Taehyung had always been truthful with him. As it turned out, he hadn't. Jungkook was beginning to be afraid of him too, who knows how many more secrets he's keeping from Jungkook.

Jungkook also looked forward to seeing Taehyung for it had been a while since the last time Jungkook saw him. Usually, Jungkook visited the prince every three days but this week, he just could not bring himself to go. He missed Taehyung a lot, his smile, his touch, his everything. It was unclear between the two regarding their relationship with each other but they never had a problem with that, always going with the flow.

The contradiction between Jungkook's feelings burdened him. He couldn't help but to let his mind fill with the thought of Taehyung before going to sleep. On some nights, Jungkook unknowingly cried himself to sleep accompanied by his own sniffles with the single ray of moonlight shining dimly through the gap between the curtains and the window by his bed.

---

Jungkook

I rose up from the bed after a short nap. Today, is the day. There was no good in delaying my meeting with Taehyung any longer, it'll only come crawling back to me at the end of the day. I released a heavy sigh and prepared myself to meet up with Taehyung, quite possibly for the last time.

Jo was nowhere to be seen while I made my way downstairs but nevertheless, I silently exited the house, my mind occupied with endless of thoughts. After making sure the front door was shut, I walked up the hill and stood at the edge of the woods where I used to regularly wait for Taehyung's assistant to arrive and bring me to the glade.

Oddly, there were no sounds coming from the woods. It was almost totally silent unlike before. No chirping of birds nor the soft rustling of leaves. It was as if the nature knew my purpose for being here today but that could just be me. Admiring the pink evening sky dusted with lilac here and there, I slowly swayed left and right in an attempt to calm myself.

The sound of dried leaves crunching under one's feet caused me to cast my gaze towards the woods. A male with wings slowly appeared from behind the trees, his grey hair allowed me to identify him easily, Yoongi.

Ah yes Yoongi, he's Taehyung's main assistant. He definitely knows what the food does to people but like Taehyung, he's never mentioned to me anything about the downside of consuming food of the Glade.

"Evening Jungkook, ready to go?" Yoongi skipped towards me happily. I stepped back, maintaining a natural expression. "Sorry Yoongi, I'm not going to the glade today. Will you tell Taehyung to come here, I have something to tell him" I said monotonously. Noticing my tone of voice, his skipping abruptly stopped. His joyful demeanor suddenly dropped.

Yoongi appeared to be taken aback by this. "How about I take you to him? It'll be easier that way" He suggested. I shook my head firmly, "No, he needs to come here", my answer came out a bit too fast. Seeing my indifference, Yoongi looked as if he knew what was going on and didn't press on any further.

"I'll inform Taehyung right away" His answer short and timid. He disappeared and I leaned against a nearby tree, awaiting Taehyung.

---

Taehyung

"What is it, Yoongi?" I asked after seeing his troubled expression. "It's Jungkook" he looked away. "Yes Jungkook, have you come to bring him here?" I smiled brightly in exuberation. Yoongi shook his head. "Well if he's waiting why didn't you bri-"

I was cut off by him gripping the sleeve of my attire and Yoongi slowly shook his head again, seemingly more serious this time. He appeared uneasy as ever. It was only then when I understood what he meant. My eyes widened as I was hit with sudden realisation.

No. It can't be.

" Alright", I calmed down and straightened my posture, slowly making my move to go where Jungkook awaited me. Yoongi gave me a nod of reassurance, it'll be fine.

Will it really, though?

---

Taehyung

"Jungkook", I called out softly to the boy who had his back turned to me. Upon hearing his name, Jungkook spun around to face me. For a second there, I swear he almost smiled but he managed to hide it under a facade with an unreadable expression. "Hey", I tried again, trying to read his emotions.

I noticed that Jungkook made no effort to come near me and it undoubtedly pained me. I looked down, feeling heavy with regret. I knew this was bound to happen if I didn't inform him so why didn't I? Hearing a deep sigh come from him made me look up. "When were you going to tell me, Taehyung?"

His voice was bitter and dry. "Were you even going to tell me?", Jungkook pressed. "Jungkook, how did you know?" I asked, the question coming out merely as a whisper. "That's not why we're here to talk about", Jungkook pushed. "How many people have you deceived into becoming your subjects, huh? Seducing them and taking them in like what you were trying to do to me" Jungkook looked at me ,obviously infuriated.

"I'm sorry, I was going to tell you but I was afraid you'd get scared and never want to see me again", I told him straightforwardly. There was no need to beat around the bushes anymore, the cat's already out of the bag. "So you thought it was better if you just didn't tell me and let me walk into your trap blindly", Jungkook deadpanned.

"Was it fun for you? Seeing me not recognize my family and even forgetting my own home?", the pain in his voice now becoming clearer to me.

—-
sad ending or happy ending? i dunno cause i got two endings planned.

maybe ill write two endings who knws, my indecisive ass cant come to a conclusion