[ 14 ]

Jungkook

Yoongi joined us for dinner but surprisingly, he didn't sit next to me as he usually would. Not that I was upset by it but that was just the way it has always been since I came here.

I got distracted by him, not because of his choice of seating that evening but it was the fact that he didn't even glance in my direction. Of course, it wasn't a big deal at all but I couldn't help but feel like he was purposely avoiding my gaze.

I looked at Taehyung to check if he noticed but he appeared far too busy to notice it as he attempted to carefully answer all sorts of questions that his guests threw at him. I silently watched him as I munched on the food.

When the guests on both of his sides started talking at the same time, Taehyung struggled to keep up with the overlapping conversations. He gradually became confused as time went on, his eyes darted left and right, trying to make sure they received the equal amount of attention.

Dinner ended at the same time I took the last sip of my drink. Little by little, the people at the table excused themselves, some alone while others took their leave with their partner.

Yoongi dropped a napkin he used to wipe his mouth and left hastily without saying anything to me. That got me worried, he always and I mean always made sure to say bye to me before I leave for home. Not gonna lie but my mind ran wild with all the possible things that I could've absentmindedly said to him that caused him to be that way.

Taehyung joined me less than a minute later with a huge smile on his face, "Hi, sorry it took me a while". "Don't be, I'm happy to do so whenever" I answered. I instantly regretted what I just said, God that sounded wayy too cheesy. I looked into the distance towards the exit of the castle, rethinking all of my life decisions that led up to this moment.

---

Taehyung let out a small laugh, "Oh- thank you Jungkook, I appreciate that". Taehyung held out his hand to Jungkook who could easily tell Taehyung, himself was shy about doing these things but nevertheless loved holding Jungkook's hand.

Jungkook on the other hand, was no different but he adored the initiative Taehyung took by asking to hold his hand first for Jungkook could've never brought himself to do it first. Besides, he surreptitiously liked it when Taehyung held him. It made the butterflies in his tummy flutter.

"Shall we?" Jungkook timidly but surely reached out to hold Taehyung's hand. The two of them walked hand in hand with their hearts full of bliss, Taehyung led him to a part of the garden where Jungkook hadn't found out about yet.

There was a pathway accompanied by flower trees that were supported on arches. Over time, the flowers found their way around the arches and almost completely embraced them, concealing the arches from view.

Since it was nighttime, there were fairy lights hung randomly on the arches. They beamed with a soft light that illuminated the delicate colours of the flowers. Jungkook squealed, "Goodness this place is exquisite, Taehyung!"

Jungkook shook Taehyung's arm out of excitement, marveling at the elegance of the hidden spot. Taehyung only chuckled, he needn't have to say a lot whenever he's with Jungkook. He was perfectly fine with just being close to Jungkook and seeing him happy, it truly made him happy as well.

All was well, and there was an amiable silence but the two felt pleasant with each other's presence. Both of them took comfort in the silence, moving slowly along the pathway, knowing that there was nothing they had to hurry for.

---

i didnt update cause i thought nobody was reading this book, i still dont know if anybody is actually reading it. so ill update with around 2-3 more chaps, so if you are reading this please leave a comment or/and vote to let me know that this book is bein read by someone.

if there are no comments, i might have to choose to leave this book as it is without completing it as an option so your comments are truly appreciated <3