[ 20 ]

Taehyung

Jungkook's voice cracked towards the end of his sentence and his eyes brimmed with tears. It hurt my heart to see him this way. I stepped forward, wanting to hold him close to me, tell him how sorry I was and how much I loved him. "No, don't. Don't you come near me", Jungkook stepped back in alarm, putting his hand out in a defensive manner.

If my heart was only hurt at the start then it was definitely broken into pieces now. He's this scared of me now? What have I done to this poor boy? "Please, I'll explain. Most of the time it's usually the faeries who do the task of bringing in new people", I spoke. "More often than not, we never tell the people what we are doing to them so as to not remind them of the pain they've gone through in the real world for they intend to forget about it anyway"

"Then why was I treated differently? I was with you for a much more remarkable time than I was with Yoongi", Jungkook questioned. "Because I love you, Jungkook", I said sincerely. This startled Jungkook, his eyes widened. "After observing you from my palace, I could see that you hadn't been feeling genuine happiness for years in your world. Like what I did with other humans in this world, I instructed Yoongi and the others to bring you here so you'd feel better", I elaborated.

"I don't think I have to tell you exactly why you were chosen to be brought here seeing that you know about the food already", I looked at him knowingly. He stared at me, eventually realising that I knew of all his hardships. Jungkook still kept his mouth shut but I carried on anyway. "The moment I saw you Jungkook, I couldn't understand why you, a bright and knowledgeable kid, were so unappreciated by others around you, well excluding that lovely maid of yours"

"I could also tell you were despondent about it but despite it all, you kept up a bubbly image for those who did appreciate you to see. It made me attracted to you", now my eyes welled up with tears. I didn't want to lose Jungkook, I couldnt even bear the thought of it. I took a step towards Jungkook, who didn't seem to notice it.

---

As benign as he could, Taehyung slowly encased Jungkook's hands in his, Jungkook's eyes wandered until they met Taehyung's welcoming ones. Taehyung took the time to study the boy's features- starting from his eyes. His eyes told endless stories, his eyelashes wet with tears. His pink cheeks were tear-streaked and sure, there were acne here and there, signifying that he was still going through hormonal changes. And his lips- god the way his lips are shaped was just perfect in Taehyung's mind.

Taehyung adored all of it, every single one of them. If given the opportunity, he could spend hours just simply staring at Jungkook without doing anything else. Taehyung couldn't help but sense the younger's fragility that has built up over the years of his desolation. It seemed like Jungkook was going to have breakdown at any given time.

Taehyung leaned close to Jungkook, "I hope you can forgive me, please give me a chance to make things right. I promise I won't hide anything from you anymore". Jungkook searched Taehyung's eyes. He knew Taehyung was being honest now but how safe was he if he still kept going to the other world? There were probably many more things he did not know about the place Taehyung resided, all its secrets that lies within and the overall complexity of its existence.

Jungkook was certain there was so much more to the place than he could ever process. However, Jungkook longed for happiness, he missed waking up each day and feeling contented with his life altogether. Not that he was not enjoying Jo's presence, but she had other family members she also loved and had to care for outside of the household and Jungkook didn't want to be in her way.

Jungkook's mind was racing with so much thoughts that he forgot to answer Taehyung until Taehyung affably shook his hands to bring back his attention. "I- I really don't know Taehyung", Jungkook thought about his brothers and the nonexistent presence of his parents in his whole life. He couldn't remember he last time he and his family had bonded or the time they had fun together as a family, Jungkook was crestfallen.

Only now did Jungkook properly looked back on his life and the involvement of his family in it, little to none, sadly. Before, he refused to spare event a moment about how broken apart his family was. It was only because Jungkook didn't want to admit to it himself that it was the reality then.

All these emotions washed over Jungkook relentlessly, gradually taking a toll on him. He was full on sobbing, still holding on to Taehyung's hands. Jungkook sank to his knees, feeling weak all of a sudden. Taehyung kneeled down as well to get on Jungkook's level, "Please Jungkook, come live with me. You won't ever have to be unhappy again"

Jungkook's lowered head was amiably pushed up by Taehyung's fingers so he'd face him. Taehyung cautiously leaned in as he rested his hand on Jungkook's neck. Jungkook's heart rate began to increase its pace, while he allowed himself to be utterly vulnerable to Taehyung's actions.

Finally, it happened. Taehyung kissed Jungkook, being as gentle as he could be, not wanting to take Jungkook by surprise. Jungkook unknowingly gripped Taehyung's shirt, losing himself in the moment. It was as if time stopped for them. Taehyung's soft lips touched Jungkook's and it made him feel all warm inside, he didn't deny that he liked this feeling and it etched a slight smile on his lips as he was still kissing Taehyung.

Taehyung pulled back and rested his forehead on Jungkook's, still maintaining their intimate distance, their faces barely inches away from each other. "Come with me Jungkook, please", Taehyung spoke through a breathless whisper. After long, Jungkook answered. "You need to give me time Taehyung, trust me I'd love to go with you but I can't decide now. I still have my family back home, yes they haven't been all loving towards me but they're still family to me"

Taehyung nodded, understanding Jungkook's situation. He had to be understanding, he couldn't be selfish, especially not when Jungkook's in the picture. They sat in silence, Jungkook looking at nowhere in particular while Taehyung stared fondly at him as his hair was softly blown by the evening wind.

Taehyung pulled Jungkook in a warm embrace. Once again, he made Jungkook look at him. "I love you so, so much. More than I could ever describe in words", he sincerely smiled, to which Jungkook shyly returned. "I'll always love you, no matter what, you know that?", Jungkook nodded timidly, leaning into Taehyung's chest.

Jungkook was not good with words in situations like this, Taehyung could tell, but he didn't mind it. As long as Jungkook felt the same way towards him then that was more than enough for Taehyung.

---

"It was as if time stopped for them" ok ew i knw ok i knw, sorry. das wht happens when a gal whos neva been kissed writes a kiss scene.

god its terrible but whateva i tried ok, brb imma go shrivel up like a raisin