[ 9 ]

Taehyung

My heart thumped nervously for a second when a gardener hovered around Jungkook to water the plants, who didn't bother to spare him even a glance, obviously much more interested with his flowers.

However, Jungkook only did as much as scooting an inch away from him, only to avoid himself from getting soaked. It relieved me and I hoped it was a sign that he's warmed up to things around here.

As he moved from a tree to another tree, I trailed behind him slowly while trying to muster up my courage to do something I considered daring.

"Ooh what's the name of this one? I like the colour" he gushed, affably grazing his finger over a flower. "Chrysanthemum, they hold the meaning of fidelity, joy and a long life"

I smiled at my own explanation as I realised that I'd just unintentionally made myself sound wise. "That's nice I didn't know flowers had meanings before" Jungkook grinned.

"Ooh what about this one?", he put his nose to another flower. "It smells nice". I hung back before answering him, "Uh I dont recall Scarlet Gilias having a scent" I chuckled not going out of my way to hide it.

He perked up a bit, "Oh, my apologies" Jungkook was lost in his own world again and crouched down to take a closer look at the flowers. I saw this as an advantage to slip a deep pink Chrysanthemum on Jungkook's ear that I discreetly plucked.

His hands quickly moved up to his ear to feel it and got up from his position. "There, you look nice" I found myself saying.

He chortled, "Thanks" he shyly said and purposely faced away from me, possibly to hide his embarrassment. I had no clue what went on in his mind but I do know for a fact that I was not lying.

He really did look beautiful. Though his apparel was a simple long sleeve white button down, the contrasting dramatic shade of the flower tucked behind his ear made him look effortlessly extravagant.

I looked up after hearing chirps of birds flying back to their respective nests insinuating that it was almost nighttime "How about we head inside now? It's getting relatively dark"

I held out my hand to him which he hesitantly took and we walked side by side  through the castle's front entrance where waiters were doing their last preparation for dinner.

We were greeted with a gust of air infused with the smell of freshly made savoury food. "Hmm, smells good" Jungkook excitedly hopped up and down all the while still not letting go of my hand.

"Okay okay go take your seat" I grinned and Jungkook wasted no time on picking his spot. Dinner was scrumptious as usual and I couldn't help but to steal glances or at times stare at Jungkook.

Our seats this time were five chairs apart and I wasn't particularly upset by it, it just meant that he was beginning to get along with my subjects.

Plus, I could look at Jungkook without needing to conceal my actions as much. After dinner, Jungkook seemed to have a lot of fun chatting to Yoongi, a fellow of mine and I didn't see the need to interrupt them so I only watched from afar.

---
Jungkook

"So what do you do here actually?" I asked Yoongi as we munched on warm strawberry muffins. "Hmm" he looked up, thinking for a minute and swinging his knees side to side.

"It's hard to put it into words but it's not that we do nothing at all here, we do have work. It's just that none of our jobs are permanent" my eyebrow raised, "Why's that?" I scooped half of a strawberry into my mouth.

"To avoid boredom, of course as well as frustration. This land here is designated to keep its residents joyful but at the same time, living with their own purposes"

Yoongi stated brightly and wiped his mouth with a napkin. I slowly nodded, to be frank I had no idea at all that the creation of this place had an objective. "Ah so that's why the people here are always so lively"

---

forgive me for the super late update, my phone broke and it is still broken. using my laptop to write feels awkward but at least youll have an update, if u detect any spelling errors please dont be shy to correct me i dont mind it. ill be updatin more frequently if my phone EVER gets fixed