CHAPTER 5

The next was Bruce. "I'm Bruce Banner." He also shook Peter's hand.

"As in doctor Bruce Banner, that Banner?" Peter asked with a newfound adoration in his eyes. Bruce nodded. "Wow. Your work is truly inspiring doctor Banner. I loved the part you wrote on Gamma Radiation. It had lead me to learn more on it myself really."

Bruce's eyes widened. "You . . . You actually understood it? I'm barely done encrypting more than half of the scientific terms and equations. For a child your age to understand them, you must be quite the genius."

Peter flushed. "I like science. A lot. And I was wondering if. . . well, you could show me the machine you used during your first attempt so that I could . . . Um . . . analyse it better?"

"Sure. If that's alright with Tony and Steve?" He turned to them for permission and they nodded in approval.

"As long as he informes us when he's going to go down to the lab. Understood?" Steve enforced and Peter nodded in return.

"Hey! Clint Barton at your service." The vent popped open, making Peter jump out of his skin. "Barton! Just because you do it to all of the new recruits doesn't apply you using it here."

"Yeah. It was fun. You should have seen the look on their faces when I pelted them with arrows on their first day last week. Priceless." Clint grinned.

"No wonder you've been avoiding Fury all week. You know how he gets when it comes to scaring the new recruits on their first day." Natasha scolded with hands on her hips.

"Oh, come on! They weren't even real arrows. They were Styrofoam ones. The safer kind. And besides, none of them got injured." Clint protested from his position. He was currently hanging upside down like a bat with both of his arms swinging loosely while his legs held him.

"Barton! What have I specifically told you about scurrying around in my vents! Remove all of your nests from them. I am so locking all of the vents from now on and Barton- proofing them." Tony replied in frustration.

"Pfft. And for the record, they are not nests! They are mini pit stops for when I travel in the vents and want to take a break." Clint said. "So . . . Peter, right? Say, do you like Archery? I could teach you some. Let's ditch the oldies and go do something fun. Just you and me. What do ya say, huh?"

"Clinton Francis Barton. Did you just call me old?" Natasha growled from where she was. Clint visibly gulped. "I'll give you a twenty second head start." Clint immediately popped back into the vents and shut them closed behind him. A series of shuffling footsteps could be heard coming from them moving as fast as they could and as those twenty seconds had passed, Natasha had hopped into the vents and a string of screaming and yelping could be heard coming from inside the tall ceiling somewhere in the tower.

"Where's Bucky?" Steve asked as they had forgotten one Avenger. "As in the Winter Soldier, Bucky Barnes? I read about him in the History books." Peter said and Steve nodded with a small sigh escaping his lips. "I better go check on him to see if he's alright."